The Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Faculty of Law, Economics and Business, Department of Economics, Chair of Empirical Macroeconomics (Prof. Dr. Lars Börner), Germany, is offering a position as a
Research Assistant (PhD Student) (m-f-d)
in part time (50%, 20h per week), limited to three years with effect from 1st April 2020 (or by agreement).
The salary will be in accordance with salary class 13 TV-L, pending classification based on individual capacities and qualifications.
- university degree in economics (M.Sc. or equivalent level) with final grade “good” or better
- knowledge on empirical analyses of economic research questions
- very good command of English
- interest in research and teaching, as well as in further academic qualification
- to do empirical economic research, if applicable referring to economic history and/or formal institutional analysis and/or growth and development, with the aim of earning the doctoral degree in economics (Dr. rer. pol.)
- participation in further scientific training, e.g., in the “Central-German Doctoral Program Economics Dresden-Halle-Jena-Leipzig-Magdeburg”
- to conduct courses for Bachelor and Master students under the chair’s guidance
- administrative support to a limited extent
Severely disabled persons may qualify for preferential hiring provided that they are equally qualified. In order to support women in academia, the university particularly encourages women to apply.
Further information may be obtained from Ms. Andrea Beckmann (professor’s secretary), Tel.: +49-(0)345-55-23441, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received by 31st January 2020, and submitted with reference to Reg.-Nr. 3-15051/19-H preferably by email to email@example.com or in written form to Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Faculty of Law, Economics and Business, Department of Economics, Prof. Dr. Börner, 06099 Halle (Saale), Germany.
Applications should include the following documents: CV, degree certificates with list of grades, reference letter(s), motivation letter, master thesis (if available), synopsis of a PhD research plan.
This advertisement is subject to any future budget restrictions. Expenses incurred by the application will not be reimbursed. Written documents will only be returned if the applicant provided a self-addressed stamped envelope.
PDF-Version of job advertisement: http://www.verwaltung.uni-halle.de/dezern3/Ausschr/19_3_15051_19_H_eng.pdf