We are offering a full-time post-doctoral researcher position at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Our research unit is focused on issues in Technology & Operations Management, aiming to propose solutions to problems motivated by real-world practice.
We base our work on stylized quantitative models to analyze essential decision-making tradeoffs and offer managerial insights using standard OR methods. We place special emphasis on topics related to supply chain management and its connection with other functions, broadly defined.
For reference of past work please visit: http://tom.epfl.ch
The post-doctoral position will span up to 1.5 years with an initial one-year contract.
- Full responsibility for your own research- Research in collaboration with the research team and potential industry partners
- Co-supervision of student projects and basic administrative support
- An excellent PhD degree, preferably in Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or Statistics
- A strong mathematical background and a sincere interest in business-related topics
- Proficiency in English, strong team spirit, social skills, independence and a high level of motivation for academic research work motivated by relevant practical problems
- Excellent compensation and research environment: an innovative and competitive atmosphere, modern equipped working areas and an environment that promotes access to the world’s best scientists
- Full financial support, including conference visits
This position is open as of 1 April 2024.
Please send your curriculum vitae including your list of publications to: firstname.lastname@example.org