Researcher / analyst
The University of Luxembourg is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher in Economics - In the Department of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences.
Foreseen starting date: October 2021
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month - renewable for a maximum of 5 years in total.
The University | About us...
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings together expertise from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and educational sciences. People from across 20 disciplines are working within the Faculty. Along with the disciplinary approach a very ambitious interdisciplinary research culture has been developed.
The faculty’s research and teaching focuses on social, economic, political and educational issues with the common goal of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE offers four Bachelor and 15 Master degrees and a doctoral school providing students with the necessary knowledge and high-qualified skills to succeed in their future career.
The Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences advance scientific knowledge about human cognition, social behaviour, and culture, including research on the interplay between individuals and their physical, economic and social environments as well as their development across the life span. They are crucial for the understanding of the interactions between health, individual behaviour, cognition, personality, social environment, and contextual factors.
The Post-doctoral researcher will be a member of the Department of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences within the FHSE at the University of Luxembourg.
He/she will work in the Institute of Health and Behaviour. In collaboration with Prof. Conchita D’Ambrosio and other members of the Institute, he/she will:
- Develop research on measuring individual and social well-being, for example via the use of panel or birth-cohort datasets, and genetic or bio-marker information
- Disseminate results through scientific publications
- Attend scientific conferences and workshops
- Interact with the other members of the Department and participate in project meetings
- Offer research assistance
- Contribute to the preparation of research proposals
What we expect from you…
- Ph.D. in Economics or close to completion
- Candidates from the following fields are particularly encouraged to apply: Public Economics, Labour Economics, Health Economics and Applied Microeconomics
- Extensive experience in quantitative research (Stata, R, etc.)
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Personal workspace (a full-time contract requires working on the University premises)
- Stimulating work environment
- A competitive salary
- An exciting international and multidisciplinary research environment
- Resources for participation in international meetings
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month - renewable for a maximum of 5 years in total
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Foreseen starting date: October 2021
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL04307
How to apply...
Applications in English should be submitted online and include:
- a full CV
- a research summary with a list of publications (including those in preparation)
- a letter of application
- contact details of three references
Application deadline: 20 August; however early application is strongly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …