Research assistant / technician
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Entrepreneurship, Innovation or Business.
The University | About us...
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
The Management Group within the Department of Economics and Management is looking to recruit a highly-motivated post-doctoral researcher in the fields of entrepreneurship or innovation with a speciality in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Sustainable entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship as ethical practice
- Digital technologies, block chain and AI and their actant role in entrepreneurial and innovative solutions and possibly also social/political change and/or human rights protection.
- Intellectual property rights
- Innovation in China
- Sustainable Innovation
- Business and human rights
- Institutional fields and new organizational forms (especially in the context of social change, human rights activism, social movements and anti-slavery)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (in particular organizational responsibilities towards modern slavery and human rights violations)
- Realize high quality research in the field of management and organization science and its sub-domains of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Publication of articles in top-ranking scientific journals in the management field (including entrepreneurship and innovation), as well as contributing to conferences and the academic work of the management group
- Assist with teaching activities, one to three hours a week and contribute to tutoring students
What we expect from you…
The Candidate will have a PhD in Management, Economics, Organization Studies, Computer Science, or Mathematics. They will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of their specialist area of research and ability to conduct autonomous high quality research at a post-doctoral level
- An articulated publications strategy in the specialist field (ideally with some publications already published, in progress or under review)
- Linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment. It is essential to have fluency in English (C1 level) and also a good understanding of a second language and possibly a third language, French or German in particular, would be considered an advantage
- Self motivation and team-orientation
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Internal Title: Postdoctoral researcher/Research associate
- Job Reference: F2-50009690
How to apply...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- A copy of the PhD diploma or a letter indicating the expected defence date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with an up-to-date bibliography of published works.
- A covering letter explaining your motivation, expertise and fit for the role.
- A copy of job market paper and/or a copy of the highest-standing publication.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
(Valid from 22/04/2021 to 15/07/2021)
Language: English (UK)
Organisation data: Economics and Management
Job number: UOL04104
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 24 Month
Schedule Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 40.0 Hours per Week
Expected Start Date: 15/07/2021
Job: Postdoctoral researcher/Research associate
Faculty - Uni Lux: Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
Expertise: :Researcher / Postdoctorant
Research assistant / technician
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
1359 Kirchberg , Luxembourg