Executive / senior industry position
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Senior Project Manager, Global R&D, you will actively manage one or more early or late stage global drug development project teams as defined by RDC governance, executing the program strategy for the specific project, according to the TPP. You will demonstrate the growing ability to lead and motivate teams to reach challenging objectives.
In addition, you will deliver on the following:
- Provide the global cross-functional project team with project management and drug development expertise
- Coach and mentor project team members in fulfilling their tasks efficiently.
- Schedule project team meetings and develop meeting agendas; Lead project team meetings for routine operations, take minutes and ensure follow-up of action items from the minutes.
- Prepare presentations as needed. Lead the global project team through the preparation and update of key project documents (TPP, iDP, etc.)
- Organize efficient information flow within the project team, which can be spread across different R&D hubs/countries.
- Collaborate with the Program Lead in defining the program strategy, stakeholder management and overall program leadership topics. You will work together to establish and maintain a project plan that depicts the activities in line with the approved global development strategy as documented in the integrated Development Plan (iDP). Together you will present this plan and the project status, including proactive communication of budgetary and timeline variances to the relevant governance body (FiH/dPoC/Filing Committee/IB) for approval whenever required by the committee or the relevant Biopharma governance rules.
- You will ensure proper identification and management of project risks and mitigation plans reporting them to the respective governance body (FiH/dPoC/Filing Committee/IB); Evaluate alternative development scenarios (comprising costs, timelines, risks, and project valuation) before approval of the project strategy by the respective governance body.
- In alignment with the program lead manage the internal (top management) and external (investors, scientific community) project reporting and communication.
- Ensure seamless transition of project(s) to the LCM phase at completion of development phase. Ensure the compliance of the project team with applicable legal and regulatory requirements on a global level.
- Interfaces are required with internal all functions in R&D with frequent contact at L2 levels, all development functions in Global Manufacturing and Supply, global and local R&D controlling, Legal, Patent, Communications, etc. In addition, external interfaces are required with Partner Companies in co-development projects and external consultants for the respective projects.
Who you are
- Masters' degree in a scientific discipline and/or in an economic discipline with significant previous experience in the life sciences
- Minimum of 8 years extensive professional experience, minimum 5 years of experience in R&D and/or drug development in the global pharmaceutical industry with at least 2 years direct experience in a project management related discipline, with clear potential for leadership roles in the future
- Previous working experience in cross-functional and international teams
- Cross-functional knowledge of the Drug Development Process and Drug Development Regulations. Knowledge of and /or experience in project management, spreadsheet and database management software is required
- Good understanding of finance and accounting principles in an industrial setting. Experience in financial valuations of projects, risk management, decision making, and scenario thinking
- Professional Project Management certification or qualification (e.g. PMI, IPMA) highly desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in R&D and/or drug development in the global pharmaceutical industry with at least 5 years direct experience of leadership in a project management related discipline
- Long-established, working experience in cross-functional and international global drug development teams with demonstrated success
- Extensive cross-functional knowledge of the Drug Development Process and Drug Development Regulations
- Extensive knowledge of and /or experience in project management, spreadsheet and database management software is required
- Excellent understanding of finance and accounting principles in an industrial setting
- Experience in financial valuations of projects, risk management, decision making, and scenario thinking
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.