4-year PhD in Economics (8 scholarships)
Call for interest
We welcome pre-applications for our competitive PhD program in Economics (https://phd.unibo.it/economics). The program aims at training a selected group of outstanding students for a career as economists in academic institutions or in research units of governments, international organizations, corporations and financial institutions. The program offers 4-year scholarships for full-time students:
- Six PhD positions with scholarships are for research projects in any field of Economics
- One PhD position with scholarship is for a research topic related to the Artificial intelligence applied to competition policy
- One PhD position with scholarship is for a research topic related to the Law and Economics of climate change, within the European Doctorate in Law and Economics (http://www.edle-phd.eu).
During their doctoral studies, students will have competent and close guidance from the faculty. Our faculty members are at the cutting edge of world research in their fields, excellent in teaching and supervising, and highly approachable. In addition to some mandatory courses, the student is encouraged to pursue a personalized curriculum by choosing courses within a wide list of options. The program actively assists the PhD candidates who participate in the academic and non-academic job market.
We kindly ask you to express your interest in our Ph.D. program by following the instructions posted here https://goo.gl/forms/RyTvr0TgEdy1tEKv1
Pre-applications must be submitted online by 1 pm (Italian time) of April 2, 2019. You will receive a response by April 15, 2019.
- Candidates from any country and any age are eligible
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript of records for your Bachelor and Master degree
- A Master Degree (second cycle of higher education) is required; it must be completed no later than October 31st, 2019. Such degree must be one of the following:
- an Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3+2-year system)
- an Italian university degree pre-reform system (4 or 5 years)
- an academic Master’s degree obtained abroad, comparable to the above mentioned Italian degrees and recognized as suitable for the admission to doctoral programmes.
- Name of two or three letter writers; we may later ask the letters directly to them.
- Statement of purpose, highlighting your motivations, experiences and research interests in connection with the PhD programme. Here applicants must clearly indicate if they are applying for the Economics curriculum or the EDLE curriculum with the thematic scholarship
- (optional but strongly recommended) English language certificates or proof of knowledge of English
- (optional but strongly recommended) GRE/GMAT score
Doctor of Philosophy
Regular fees: 158 - 170 EUR
International Fees : 158 - 170 EUR
Scholarships € 15.343,28 gross per year. Additional funds from the 2nd year (around € 1.535 per year).
Piazza Scaravilli 2
Bologna , Italy