Learn how Trident University’s Computerized accounting certificate and computerized accounting diploma can help you get the job you want.
Next Session Starts on May 28, 2019 Apply Today
Earn a Computerized Accounting Certificate or Computerized Accounting Diploma from a 100% online university
Grow and strengthen vital skills to propel yourself into the accounting and bookkeeping workforce with an online Computerized Accounting Certificate or a Computerized Accounting Diploma. Both the certificate and diploma programs offer two concentrations to select from: Bookkeeping and Payroll or Taxation. Trident University’s entirely online accounting certificate and diploma programs will equip you with knowledge and a competitive career advantage.
While completing one of our two online accounting certificate or diploma programs, you will:
- Gain a strong background in accounting software (QuickBooks and Sage 50)
- Increase knowledge of accounting procedures
- Grow understanding of tax preparation
Computerized Accounting Certificate Program Overview
Through our fully online Computerized Accounting Certificate program, you will find yourself with increased preparedness and knowledgeability above others in the accounting and bookkeeping field.
This 6 month, 18 credit-hour program offers the ability to transfer 6 credit-hours from other programs. As the program is short, students can quickly advance toward in demand careers. Individuals seeking a change of pace, new and/or increased skill sets, or the ability to strive toward career advancement will benefit from completing an online Computerized Accounting Certificate. Program courses are stackable and have the ability to be used toward other Trident programs, such as the Computerized Accounting Diploma Program.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
Computerized Accounting Diploma Program Overview
Along with receiving an online accounting certificate, you can take your skills even further by completing an accounting diploma online through Trident University. Trident offers a fast track 9 month online diploma program for those looking to expand their accounting education beyond certificate level.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
CoursesAll courses for the Computerized Accounting Certificate program are stackable into the Computerized Accounting Diploma program. Those looking to complete an accounting diploma online will complete three additional courses, totaling 27 credit hours. These additional courses will focus on expanding critical thinking skills, communication skills, and quantitative methods in order to ensure preparedness for entry level positions.
Additionally, 100% online courses boast military friendly accessibility, allowing students to remotely complete all coursework. Specially trained military advisors are available to help answer questions related to the application process and the completion of an accounting certificate online.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all course offerings.
Concentrations Both the 6 month certificate and 9 month diploma offer the following concentrations. See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
- Bookkeeping and Payroll– This concentration covers QuickBooks and Sage 50 accounting software, bookkeeping and Microsoft Office. Students will complete various tasks using Excel, PowerPoint and Word. The program seeks to provide an understanding of the skills and knowledge relating to the management of a payroll system.
- Taxation– This concentration focuses on QuickBooks and Sage 50 accounting software, tax preparation, and accounting procedures. Various topics regarding individual tax preparation, self-employment, retirement plans, and depreciation are discussed. Students will demonstrate an understanding in individual tax preparation, business entities, tax preparer information, PTIN, CTEC code of conduct, and EITC due diligence, and amended returns.
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school, or its equivalent.
- Pre-admission assessment
|Certificate in Computerized Accounting|
- Accounting Clerks
Gainful Employment DisclosureTrident University offers high quality online degrees designed to impart the skills and knowledge required to compete in today’s marketplace for high demand careers. While our mission is to prepare students effectively to pursue career and professional development in their respective fields, finding gainful employment is the individual responsibility of the student. We do not imply or guarantee that students will find employment or be placed in any particular job as a result of completing an educational program. Click here for important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this programSchool Performance Fact Sheet (California Residents Data)Pursuant to California State Law, Trident University publishes and provides to students residing in California, Performance Fact Sheets to help students make informed decisions regarding their program of interest. The fact sheet for each degree program is filed with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Regardless of any information students may have relating to completion rates, placement rates, starting salaries, or license exam passage rates, fact sheets contain the information as calculated pursuant to state law. Any questions a student may have regarding this fact sheet that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at: P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818 | www.bppe.ca.gov | P:888.370.7589 or 916.431.6959 | F:916.263.1897
- School Performance Fact Sheet (California Residents Data) – coming soon!
Tuition and Fees tuition type
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $30 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Faculty Support for the Online Accounting Programs
The online accounting programs are supported by five professionals in an Advisory Panel. This panel promotes the success of Trident University students seeking the completion of an online accounting certificate or diploma via consistent and active review of academic materials.
*The advisory panel includes the following professionals:
- Robert Steele, a CPA who has experience as a course designer, business owner, and accountant at multiple organizations.
- Evangeline Imana-Iyemura, who has significant senior leadership experience from her decade at SanDisk, a Western Digital company. She has managed portfolios of $50 million to $1 billion for organizations with annual revenue of $700 million to $6 billion.
- Matthew Jennings is a veteran of the U.S. Marines and is an enrolled agent, the highest designation awarded in the field of taxation from the IRS. He has over 20 years of experience as an accountant.
- Ernie Mayhorn is an enrolled agent running a financial services company specializing in tax preparation and planning, IRS conflict resolution and representation, and payroll services.
- Christopher Madero is a CPA with nearly two decades of executive level experience in private and public accounting. He currently serves as a corporate controller, responsible for the financial oversight of an organization with an 11 state footprint.
Request Info Cypress, CA 90630GEORGIA, NEW YORK, AND MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS:THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN TRIDENT UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL. CURRENTLY WE HAVE RESTRICTIONS FOR ENROLLING STUDENTS FROM GEORGIA, NEW YORK, AND MASSACHUSETTS. PLEASE CONTACT OUR ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT FOR INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO ENROLL AT TRIDENT 866-404-7325.MINNESOTA AND OREGON RESIDENTS:Registration is limited to previously admitted students as Trident is not authorized to enroll any new or prospective students in Minnesota or Oregon.PUBLICITY STATEMENT:Trident University International (TUI) hosts and attends many events and gatherings throughout the year. As part of TUI’s ongoing communication about these activities, photos and/or videos from those events may be posted on TUI’s website or social media pages. It is possible that an individual may appear in these photos or videos. Please contact TUI if you would like to have your picture or video removed. Upon receipt of this notification, TUI will remove the images as soon as viable.