Economic Development is the management of public-private investment collaborations to facilitate sustainable growth in the economy, typically measured by job creation, increased citizen wealth, a greater tax base, and improved quality-of-life. The program educates US-based local/regional economic development practitioners to raise the standard of living for their communities through business development, talent management, and quality-of-place creation. The program, known as the best in the nation is unique due to its outreach focus using data analytics
The College of Business and Economic Development is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What Will I Learn?
Students learn data driven Economic Development including:
- How to retain and expand businesses,
- How to market a community to attract business and talent,
- How to conduct strategic planning,
- How to manage an economic development organization in a political environment,
- How communities can reduce the time, costs, and risks for real estate development,
- How to manage entrepreneurial and small business development programs,
Ethical behavior in economic development,
Expert Faculty Who are There to Help
Our Faculty has extensive "real world" experience and work closely with the economic development profession. They are engaged in the community-solving problems and improving the quality-of-life of communities. They challenge students to work with actual communities as part of the educational experience. The faculty is not just educating students, they are developing future economic development colleagues.
118 College Drive
MS 39406-0001 Hattiesburg , United States