A WORD FROM THE PROGRAM'S LEADER
Are you passionate about global markets? Want to embrace the complexity of modern economic life? Curious enough to get the recent insights on geopolitics? Plan to build an educational background marketable in business, international affairs or academia?
Look no further. Kozminski Master in Applied Global Economics is the optimal blend of knowledge and skills that will surely satisfy your curiosity and boost your career. It will be rewarding for you, providing you with both the challenge and satisfaction you've been looking for.
Waldemar Karpa, Ph.D.
Leader of the Master in Applied Global Economics Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master in Applied Global Economics program offers the unique educational offer, blending theoretical knowledge and practical professional skills, which constitutes into a toolbox for a modern economist
The goals of the program are achieved by:
- An Innovative, comprehensive, pluri-perspective and evidence-based approach, making learning a truly unique experience. At Kozminski University, we strongly believe in the power of self-discovery and we emphasize the interaction. We strive to replicate the real-economy set-up in the classroom.
- An in-depth understanding of modern economics and its geopolitical context. At Kozminski, we provide a truly wide perspective on global economy.
- An Intensive training in theory and econometrics is build on the faculty’s strength, whereas economic policy is presented by professionals. At Kozminski we value the professional expertise and experience.
- A wide selection of elective courses. At Kozminski we praise the individual choices: you may focus on the fields of your interest.
- A modern approach towards quantitative methods. At Kozminski we offer engaging perspective for harmful econometrics.
Students have the possibility to use the interactive tools of MobLab, which supports gaining and perfecting business skills, among others, strategic thinking and decision making.
- 1 THE PROGRAM'S STRUCTURE A truly comprehensive program structure built upon a four-pillar complementary and additive architecture, namely: a strong theory refresher and extension; an intensive training in methods and tools of economic analysis; a substantial emphasis on economic policy; and finally, an intensive linguistic training.
- LEARNING ENVIRONMENT An inspiring, engaging and collaborative learning environment offering possibilities of exchanging ideas and debating with world-class professors and practitioners
- CAREER PERSPECTIVES A quality preparation for a wide range of career opportunities within the field of applied economics. Among others in international business, international organizations/economic development agencies, research/academia, economic counselling.
WHAT YOU GAIN FROM YOUR STUDIES?
During your studies you will gain knowledge, skills and social competences among others in:
- Economics theories
- Modern tools of economic analysis
- Methods in policy-making
- Training in qualitative analysis (statistics/econometrics/big data)
- Fluency and understanding on the complex language used in global economics
- You will became a part of an open-minded, internationalized academic community
- You will get the chance to meet people from all around the world, and create a network that will benefit you for a life time
- Your degree will be globally recognized thanks to the "Triple Crown" Accreditation
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AFTER YOUR STUDIES
After graduating from the Master in Applied Global Economics program in English, you can work in:
Examples of professions that a graduate of the program will be well prepared for:
- economist in international organizations (e.g. OEDC, World Bank, IMF)
- economic counsellor in large companies or organizations with an international focus (e.g.McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group)
- economist in multinational companies (e.g. Procter and Gamble, Phillip Morris)
- economic counsellor in sectoral industry federations and associations
- economistin investment banks
- economic counsellor in embassies (e.g. chambers of commerce)
- economic counsellor in public sector (e.g. govermental positions, regional administration)
- economist/advisor in non-profit sector/NGOs
- researcher/analyst in data companies (e.g. Reuters, CG Insights, Clarivate)
Theory refresher and extension:
Training in methods and tools of economic analysis:
Economic policy analysis:
- Full-time programs
Classes take place from Monday to Friday in the morning and in the afternoon.
Admission for full-time and part-time Master programs at Kozminski University is based on 2 criteria: GPA on your previous studies and results of an online entry test. Maximum score is 100 points - 50 points for the test and 50 for GPA. Candidates who scored at least 60 points from both criteria will be qualified to the program.
Students enrolled for the Bachelor and Master programs at KU have the opportnity to benefit grom many scholarships and discounts. Both full-time and part-time students can apply for scholarships. The scholarships are granted for one academic year (up to 10 months) by the Scholarship Committee.
Application for full time and part time Master's programs at Kozminski University must include:
- application form - complete the form online, print and sign
- original Bachelor/Master degree diploma or notarized copy and transcript of records
- 1 signed passport photograph
- copy of the national ID or a passport
- CV in English
- proof of payment of the admission fee (non-refundable)
- certificate confirming proficiency in English (you can be exempted from submitting an English proficiency certificate only if your High School Diploma confirms that English was your only language of instruction or English is your mother tongue) - e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, CEIBT issued by the University of Cambridge; IELTS (>=6.0 points); TOEFL IBT (>=87 points); TOEIC (at least 700 points from the test); LCCI (English for Business level 2, 3, 4); London Test of English certificates (PEARSON) - level 3, 4, 5 (certificates Edexcel). Polish citizens citizens who did their previous studies in English or who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from English Language at the Polish Matura can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
List of documents confirming the knowledge of English language (pdf)
All documents issued in foreign languages should be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator. We process applications from 4th of February until August (applications from non EU-citizens) and from 4th of February until the end of September (applications from EU-citizens). Applications received afterwards will be kept on file and processed within the next application period.
Information on fees and admissior requirements available on the program website HERE
CANDIDATES FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES
Foreigners who need a visa to study in Poland are additionally required to make payment of tuition for one full year of studies before we can issue documents necessary in the visa application process i.e. invitation to come to Poland and the admission decision. Admission commission issues a conditional acceptance letter including individual account number to which the payment should be transferred in Polish Złoty (PLN) calculated according to the exchange rates of the National Bank of Poland (www.nbp.pl). In case the candidate is denied a visa tuition is returned. Admission fee is non-refundable.
STEP-BY-STEP ADMISSION PROCEDURES
A step-by-step application process can be found by selecting the MORE INFORMATION button below.
TUITION AND FEES
Information on tuition and fees can be found by selecting the MORE INFORMATION button below.