The School of Business at William Jessup University invites you to advance your career with our dynamic and industry relevant graduate degree in accounting. The Jessup accelerated Master of Accountancy degree is designed to prepare students to qualify to take the CPA exam, and for a professional career in the expanding field of accounting. The program consists of 30 units and can be completed in 10 months for accounting majors or around 18 months for other majors.
Seven Reasons to Earn Your MAcc degree from Jessup
- Earn your master’s degree in accounting in less than 1 year and become CPA exam ready
- Accelerate your career as you learn from actual CPA practitioners and experienced accounting faculty
- Flexible weekend classes designed for working professionals
- Exceed state educational requirements for licensure (150 semester units)
- CPA exam prep course embedded in program, along with relevant course work in all major aspects of accounting
- Competitively priced and financial aid is available.
- Professional ethical emphasis
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program requires 30 semester units or ten courses which can be completed in just under 1-year (48 units for non-accounting majors will take additional time). The purpose of the WJU MAcc degree is to provide students with a bachelor’s degree a direct pathway to CPA exam eligibility and to better prepare students to be transformational stewards in the accounting profession. Currently those seeking professional licensing as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) must successfully complete a minimum of 150 semester units, with 30+ units in a variety of accounting, auditing, and tax courses to obtain a license (once they also pass all four portions of the Uniform CPA Exam and have at least 1-year of full-time accounting work experience). Thus, the MAcc curriculum is designed to not only exceed the academic requirements to become a CPA, but it will be delivered in a manner which will enable working professionals to also gain their 1-year of industry experience.
Admission decisions are made by the MAcc director and deans of the School of Business using a combination of factors, including but not limited to academic degree(s), past scholastic performance, professional achievements, and other relevant experiences. Applicants will be admitted to the program based upon enrollment availability and their ability to meet/provide the following minimum entrance requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. GPA’s of 2.5-2.99 will be considered with two letters of recommendation (academic and professional)
- Resume reflecting your professional work experience
- GMAT or GRE not required but is optional if you desire to strengthen your application if GPA below 3.0, etc. (scores < 5 years)
- Completed Graduate Application and Essay
ACCT501 Ethics for Accounting Professionals
3 units 3 units 3 units
- Communicate in an effective manner consistent with the accounting profession in a verbal and written manner.
- Analytically assess a wide-variety of accounting, audit, and tax matters using advanced research, technology, and critical thinking skills necessary to be an effective accounting professional.
- Demonstrate a proficient and comprehensive knowledge of the accounting principles, regulations, and practices required to qualify to take all four portions (FAR, REG, BEC, AUD) of the Uniform CPA Exam.
- Evaluate and apply the appropriate international accounting principles to global organizations per International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Internal auditor
- Actuarial accountant
MAcc Program Director
Take the Next Step
Start a conversation with Jessup about who you are, what you want to achieve and how Jessup may be the right fit for your future.
Rocklin Campus: 2121 University Avenue, Rocklin, CA 95765 San Jose Campus: 1190 Saratoga Ave., Suite 210, San Jose, CA 95129