Offered by:Why pursue an MBA (Executive Option)?
Corporate leaders creatively address problems and opportunities to stay ahead of today’s rapidly changing business environment. Now, more than ever, executives are expected to introduce innovative ideas into their business plans while leading others towards a shared objective. We need working professionals dedicated to ethical standards to apply the latest in business research in order to tackle a broad range of complex global management issues.
The MBA (Executive Option) provides you with an environment where you can immediately implement the skills and knowledge learned in class to your professional work setting. Courses are offered one day per week, on alternate Fridays and Saturdays, enabling you to assimilate new information gradually while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Our program is divided into four thematic terms and supported by a number of complementary features, including the Healthy Executive, LEAD Executive Coaching and Executives Connect supporting modules. These components ensure that in addition to our practical, business-focussed curriculum, you will engage in a transformative experience in which you will learn more about yourself as an executive.
Make use of our dedicated facilities where you will have round-the-clock access to six exclusive study rooms, as well as a meeting room. Our world-renowned faculty members are chosen based on their exceptional academic backgrounds and demonstrated business acumen.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional, managerial or entrepreneurial work experience;
- Support commitment by employer;
- A bachelor/baccalaureate degree or equivalent qualifications. Applications from candidates with extensive work experience without a bachelor/baccalaureate degree may be considered;
- A satisfactory result on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). However, this requirement may be waived for candidates with strong academic credentials;
- A minimum of two letters of reference from work-related or academic sources;
- Statement of purpose;
- Successful interview with the Admission Committee.
Intensive workshops in Mathematics and Accountancy are offered prior to the start of the program to registered students who would need to refresh their competence.
Proficiency in English. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate that their knowledge of English is sufficient to pursue graduate studies in their chosen field. Please refer to the Graduate Admission page for further information on the Language Proficiency requirements and exemptions.
- Credits. A fully-qualified candidate is required to complete a minimum of 46 credits.
- Mandatory Statistics Module. Candidates must demonstrate competency in statistics by successfully completing the mandatory online Statistics Module and test before the end of the first term. The module and the test cover basic business statistics concepts such as descriptive and inferential statistics, sampling, and variable categorization. In the event that students do not successfully complete the test in the first term, they will be provided with tutoring by the EMBA program and be permitted to take the test again.
Classes are held one day per week, on alternate Fridays and Saturdays.
Our faculty members are handpicked based on their proven teaching and facilitation skills. They represent the top minds from a variety of industries and disciplines, and dedicate time beyond their normal teaching commitments to educate our cohort. Their areas of expertise include:
Profit from our dedicated facilities housed on the 10th floor of the John Molson Building. In addition to study and meeting rooms, there is an office adapted for PERFORM Centre staff taking part in the Healthy Executive module, a small lounge where students can meet with professional coaches involved in the LEAD Executive Coaching module and a private dining room where we serve meals included with the program.
The building was awarded LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver level certification by the Canada Green Building Council.
Founded on the principles of John Molson as an entrepreneur, our program offers a rigorous curriculum that incorporates the latest research in healthy living. Our program’s structure and supplemental features are designed for you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
You will undertake your studies as part of a cohort. The resulting team dynamic will not only help you develop your interpersonal skills and group decision-making abilities, but you will also create a network of international, high-achieving professionals that will extend far beyond your graduation. The size of your network will also increase thanks to 900 alumni working around the globe.
Your employer will immediately gain from your expanded understanding of fundamental business functions. Potential benefits include your increased capacity to contribute to corporate success, the development of your analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply gained knowledge to your work instantly.
Important information about admissions
Please be advised that Concordia University does not process admissions or fee payments through third parties for our degree programs. All applicants are advised to ensure that they are communicating directly with the university for admissions and fee payments.
Concordia University 10th floor, Room MB-10.321
Montreal, Quebec, CanadaMontreal, Quebec, Canada