Our MSc Big Data Analytics paves the way for you to pursue a career applying leading-edge software and analytics technology or conducting research in this vitally important field.
Big data is all around us. Professionals who can identify and obtain intelligence from big data are in demand like never before.
- Gain the technical expertise and industrial experience you need to progress your career or launch an enterprise in big data analytics
- Develop high-level skills in business intelligence, data analytics and database technology
- Harness the full power of SAS software, thanks to our partnership with the global leader in business analytics services
- Address real-world industry-based problems and conduct a major research project on a theme of your choice
- Build broader skills in communication, teamwork and management to enhance your career prospects
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96.9% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.
Every day 2.5 quintillion (2,500 followed by 15 zeros) bytes of data are created, and 90% of the data in the world today has been generated in the last two years. As a consequence, skills in identifying and obtaining intelligence from the precious commodity of big data are in demand across many sectors.
Our MSc in Big Data Analytics gives you an in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of the key issues and concepts in today’s data-driven business and science landscapes. You will develop powerful skills in the extraction, analysis and management of information from big data using a variety of scientific techniques and software tools.
This course offers the ideal introduction to knowledge discovery, analysis and assessment of data extracted from structured and unstructured big-data sets, as well as the visualisation and communication of results. You will process advanced knowledge and information, make deductions and form conclusions.
The practical skills you develop include computer modelling and the design and analysis of big data sets. You will also improve your abilities in broader areas such as communication, teamwork, management and the use of advanced quantitative methods.