Master of Accountancy
The field of accounting is one of the strongest sectors in the global economy, which is why quality accountants are always in demand in every industry. In fact, the number of accountants, auditors and CPAs across the country is expected to grow 10% from 2016 to 2026. Our master’s program allows you to build your foundation in accounting through our online fundamentals track or hone your advanced analytical skills with our online practitioner track. Both can prepare you for leadership in the dynamic accounting field and to sit for the CPA exam. Study topics ranging from business law for accountants to accounting systems and business intelligence.
Our online accounting master’s program is offered through the College of Business & Public Administration — the largest, and first accredited, business school in North Dakota. UND accountancy students consistently beat the national average on all four parts of the CPA exam, with nine being awarded the prestigious Elijah Watts Sells Award.
We’re accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), which puts us in the top 5% of business schools worldwide. AACSB-accredited schools produce graduates who are highly skilled and more desirable to employers than other non-accredited schools. We’re also ranked alongside Stanford, Harvard and Berkeley among the Top 25 Most Innovative Schools.
To qualify for the Master of Accountancy program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Fundamentals: A 4-year bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized college or university
- Practitioner: A 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent coursework, including intermediate accounting, audit, cost/managerial accounting and taxation.* GMAT waiver available for this track only.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75, or 3.0 in the final two years
- Minimum score of 500 on GMAT
In addition, you must provide the following:
- Online application and $35 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from every institution where coursework was completed
- Statement of goals
- Three references**
For international students:
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English language proficiency requirements
- International applicants who have received their bachelor’s or master’s degree in the United States or English-speaking Canada are not required to submit the TOEFL or IELTS
Master of Accountancy
264 Centennial Drive Stop 8382
Grand Forks , United States