PhD positions in Management at Nova School of Business and Economics
Ph.D. in Management
Regular fees: 300 - 3000 EUR
No distinction between national and international student fees. Students can get up to 90% tuition waiver.
The Nova School of Business and Economics in Carcavelos, Portugal invites applications for full-time PhD positions in Management. Applications deadline is January 31st, 2023.
The program is a 4-year, full-time structured program providing advanced training in the fields of:
- Management and Organization;
- Operations, Technology and Innovation Management;
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship.
The curriculum is designed to equip students with the tools to pursue the most challenging careers. While disciplined and rigorous in training, the program is also flexible, for students to pursue their unique research interests
Students are usually affiliated with one of our eight Knowledge Centers. They join its community and its activities. They participate in research seminars and interact with top researchers.
Nova SBE offers fellowships to the best candidates selected to start their Ph.D. in our school. The fellowship grants candidates a living stipend from 1200€ up to 1400€ and covers 90% of the tuition fee. The duration can be from 1 year to 4 years.
Students with Nova SBE fellowships actively look for funding opportunities and are invited to apply to the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) - the Portuguese governmental entity that supports research in science, technology and innovation in all areas of knowledge.
Applicants should hold a Master’s. Your degree can be in any field (e.g., the sciences, arts, and humanities), but if you do not have previous coursework in business studies, your supervisor may require additional coursework (at Nova SBE or elsewhere). If you don’t have a Master’s Degree but expect to obtain it within the year, your application can also be considered. Applicants should have a good level of competence in English.
Get to know the program | Zoom Online Sessions
We are hosting two Zoom sessions where the academic director and our PhD Team will present the program and some key points of the intake. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about the program and to clarify your doubts.
- November 16, 2023, at 2 pm Lisbon time. Register here: https://bit.ly/460XYom
- January 17, 2024, at 2 pm Lisbon time, Register here: https://bit.ly/3u8QXV4
How to apply
Candidates can apply online between November 1, 2023 to January 31, 2024.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of records of undergraduates with the full list of courses and grades. (also accepted in Portuguese)
- Transcript of records of graduate degrees with the full list of courses and grades. Candidates who have not yet finished their graduate program should provide a certificate of enrolment with, if available, the complete list of grades achieved to date. (also accepted in Portuguese)
- Recommendations in the form of two letters of reference, which should be sent directly by referees.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Certificate of results for the GRE (Graduate Records of Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). Results should not be older than three years. Applicants who hold, or will shortly hold, a Nova SBE Master’s degree are not required to submit GRE results.
- Copy of passport or Identity Card.
- Recognition of your foreign degrees in Portugal. The DGES issues this document, please see the DGES website for more information. The document can issued only if you completed your graduate studies.
- Other Research Samples.
- English language certificate. Test results should not be older than three years.
- Program overview: https://www2.novasbe.unl.pt/en/programs/phds/phd-in-management/program
- Research areas and faculty: https://www2.novasbe.unl.pt/en/programs/phds/phd-in-management/research-areas
Ph.D. in Management
Rua da Holanda, 1
Carcavelos , Portugal