Young Economist Prize: 'The Role of Central Banks in a Transforming World' - Call for Papers
Prizes & contests
The Qatar Centre for Global Banking & Finance at King’s Business School is proud to announce the Young Economist Prize as part of its forthcoming annual Conference on Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 July 2022 at King’s College London.
The Young Economist prize will be awarded to the best paper submitted on the conference topic ‘The Role of Central Banks in a Transforming World’. It is open to PhD students of all nationalities who are currently enrolled on a programme in economics or finance (or a related field). The winning paper will be awarded a £5,000 prize.
Shortlisted applicants (finalists) will be invited to:
- Present their papers at a PhD student-focused event in London on Monday 4 July 2022.
- Attend the Conference on 5 & 6 July 2022 *The prize winners will be announced during the Conference on Tuesday 5 July.
- The conference Gala Dinner on 6 July, that provides an opportunity to network with distinguished academics and central bankers.
**The Centre will cover expenses for travel and accommodation (including flights) to allow shortlisted applicants from across the globe to attend these events. Please indicate on your application whether you will be able to attend the above events in person.
The Selection Committee for awarding the Young Economist Prize comprises: Prof Franck Portier (University College London), Dr Misa Tanaka (Bank of England) and Prof Martin Weale (King’s College London).
To apply, please submit your paper by Sunday, 24 April 2022, via the conference website submission portal here.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Monday, 16 May 2022.
Application Entry Criteria
- Applicants must be currently enrolled on a PhD programme in economics or finance (or related field). In the case of co-authored papers, all co-authors must have completed their PhD no more than five years ago.
- Applicants must include a short non-technical summary with their paper explaining how their research links to the conference theme of ‘The Role of Central Banks in a Transforming World’.
- Please note whilst we would like for finalists to attend the Conference in person, please do not hesitate to apply should this not be possible, as we can make alternative arrangements for online engagement.
Prizes & Contests
Individuals, Graduate Students, Early Career (PhD / Postdoc)
WC2B 4BG London , United Kingdom