Institute of Public Finance
The Institute of Public Finance organizes the annual Public Sector Economics 2023 Conference: Healthcare Systems after the Pandemic to be held on October 20, 2023 virtually. The goal is to analyse the state of healthcare systems after the covid pandemic and discuss policy options for tackling healthcare challenges in the post-pandemic era. The conference will feature keynotes and a panel of distinguished speakers on the effects of the pandemic and the way ahead for healthcare systems.
We invite submissions of critical reviews and analytical and policy studies on various aspects of healthcare. Researchers from economics, finance, health sciences, sociology, political science and other disciplines are encouraged to submit papers.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare financing and expenditure
- Pharmaceutical consumption and expenditure
- Coexistence of public and private healthcare providers
- Affordability and equality of access to healthcare
- Reforms of healthcare systems after the pandemic
- Quality and outcomes of healthcare
- Healthcare workforce after the pandemic
- Occupational health and safety in healthcare
- Health system resilience
- Efficient preventive healthcare
- Digital transformation in healthcare.
Abstracts (200-500 words) for original, previously unpublished papers or preferably finished papers (in English), including title, keywords, authors' names and affiliations and the corresponding author’s e-mail, must be submitted electronically by 1 June 2023.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 15 June 2023.
Final papers will be due by 15 September 2023.
There is no conference fee.