The landscape of the world economy is changing. Monetary policy stance in advanced economies, which has been unprecedentedly accommodative for a prolonged period, is on a decisively tightening path. Non-financial sector in emerging markets, that built a large amount of foreign currency debt during buoyant global financial conditions, faces the risk of deteriorating balance sheets due to stronger global currencies. Against this backdrop, emerging markets confront certain policy challenges to sustain domestic macroeconomic stability, with the central banks on the forefront with their mandates on ensuring price and financial stability. In this regard, we invite submissions to the CBRT Conference on “Changing Global Economic Landscape and Policy Implications for Emerging Economies” on the following topics, including but not limited to:
- Potential set of policy options and instruments for small open economies with high foreign currency debt to cope with external financial shocks;
- Interlinkages between corporate balance sheets and financial intermediation;
- Macroprudential policies to help contain and manage corporate sector currency mismatch and the associated trade-offs;
- Measures to reduce current account deficit and financial dollarization;
- Supporting and maintaining price and financial stability under high levels of foreign currency debt and exchange rate volatility;
- The effect of exchange rate movements on the real sector, production structure, investment, and external balance in small-open-emerging economies.
Roberto Chang (Rutgers University) and Ugo Panizza (The Graduate Institute, Geneva) are going to deliver keynote remarks.
Submission procedure and deadlines
Both complete manuscripts – which will be given priority – and extended abstracts should be submitted electronically in PDF format to CBRT_Conference2018@tcmb.gov.tr by August 31, 2018.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by September 10, 2018.
The organizers will reimburse travel and accommodation expenditures to the presenters.
If you would like to participate in the conference without being a presenter, please send introductory information about you (full name, affiliation and position in the institution you represent) to CBRT_Conference2018@tcmb.gov.tr, putting “CBRT Conference 2018 Participation” in the e-mail subject. Please note that we reimburse travel and accommodation expenses only for the presenters.
Please address any questions regarding the programme and organizational details to CBRT_Conference2018@tcmb.gov.tr.
Please feel free to share this call for papers with your colleagues who might be interested in presenting their research.
Antalya , Turkey