Partially Online (some attendance required)
Call for Papers
International Workshop on “China's 'Dual Circulation' Economy”
Nov. 25-26, 2023, Chongqing, China
The School of Economics at Chongqing Technology and Business University and the Institute of World Economy at Fudan University, the Key Research Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Ministry of Education (KRI), together with Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, will jointly host the captioned international workshop at Chongqing Technology and Business University (Nan'an Campus) on November 25–26, 2023.
The workshop will focus on the “dual circulation” strategy that has been promoted by the Chinese government since 2020. The strategy emphasizes both international circulation as well as domestic circulation and their interactions. Domestic circulation aims at stimulating innovation and lifting domestic demand which consists of domestic investment and domestic consumption. Submitted papers must be related to the “dual circulation” strategy.
The following topics are suggestive only:
- Dual circulation and China’s growth
- Dual circulation and innovation
- Dual circulation and income distribution
- Dual circulation and domestic demand
- Dual circulation and infrastructure development
- Dual circulation and trade
- Dual circulation and FDI
- Dual circulation and the Belt and Road Initiative
- Dual circulation and regional trade agreements such as RCEP
- Dual circulation and global value chains
- Dual circulation and climate change
- Dual circulation and the digital economy
- Dual circulation, the environment and sustainable growth
- Other issues related to dual circulation such as urbanization, migration, education, poverty and so on
Preferences will be given to papers using good data and solid methodology plus evidence-based policy suggestions.
There is no registration fee and one author of each selected paper will be provided with economy-class flight or train tickets (round trip) as well as meals and accommodation during the workshop. Subject to the usual review process, a selection of presented papers will be published in the Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy (SSCI).
Please send in English a draft paper (preferred) or an extended abstract to email@example.com before August 15, 2023, mentioning "submission for China's 'dual circulation' economy' in the subject of the email and including your contact details or a copy of CV. Completed paper in English is due on Oct. 1, 2023.
No. 19, Xuefu Ave., Nan'an District
400067 Chongqing , China