- Work cross-functionally with departments such as Customer Service and Solutions Engineering to confirm monthly earned premiums from Loss Control Reports.
- Send monthly Invoices, Statements, and reports to customers.
- Communicate proactively with insurance brokers on a regular basis over email and on the phone to collect premiums and identify payment issues.
- Serve as the liaison between the insurance team, engineering, and accounting departments to field any questions that arise from carriers.
- Conduct monthly and yearly premium reconciliations for each insured.
- Coordinate payments to and from customers, carriers, insureds, brokers, and premium finance companies each month.
- Manage monthly Bordereau/data feed submissions to carriers.
- Prepare detailed and well-supported journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP to support month-end close, always executing timely and accurate close procedures.
- Report to Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable and work closely with the Zendrive Senior Director of Finance and Accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to “get on the phone” with brokers and carriers
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of US GAAP, including basic accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations with an ability to communicate technical accounting issues to team members.
- Knowledge of applicable insurance industry standards and regulations
- Comfortable working across time zones and with team members residing in various geographic locations
- Knowledge and strong prior experience with spreadsheets, financial reporting tools
- MGA/Agency experience preferred
- Bordereau management/datafeed experience preferred
When we say Zendrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are not just adding a legal addendum. Of course, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or beliefs, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability, but we believe that is quite a low bar. In fact, we celebrate our differences as our strength and actively work to build an inclusive environment for all. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know! To all recruitment agencies: Zendrive does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendrive employees or any other company location. Zendrive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.