Researcher / analyst
The Center for Research in Economics and Management (NIPE) of the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho is offering an Assistant Researcher position in Economics. The international call is open for different areas of Economics. Researchers will be encouraged to work with full members of the research center and pursue their own research agenda.
Job Description and Qualifications
Applicants are required to hold a PhD degree in Economics completed 5 years ago or less. Additional requirements include: (i) At least two scientific papers, in the specific area of economics, published or submitted, in international scientific journals indexed in the Journal of Citation reports; (ii) proficiency in English language.
Created in 1999, the main goal of the Centre for Research in Economics and Management (NIPE) is to foster scientific progress in Economics and Management, translated in publications in leading international journals.
NIPE currently has 39 effective members and was ranked among the best Portuguese research centers in the field of Economics and Management, in the last evaluation performed by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.
NIPE is an internationally oriented research center. A large number of NIPE's members are involved in international research collaborations. The seminar series involves researchers from many foreign universities. Every year, NIPE organizes a very successful Summer School that attracts researchers from all over the world.
NIPE is a research center of the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho – Braga, Portugal.
Application Process and Deadline
Applicants should send the following documents to email@example.com before August 18, 2020.
- Copy of certificate or degree diploma;
- Detailed curriculum vitae (should indicate the candidate’s identifiers in scientific publication indexing services, namely “ORCID iD”, “Scopus Author ID” and “Researcher ID”);
- Motivation Letter;
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: one from the doctoral supervisor and another from other academic qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant's eligibility; the letters should be sent directly by the reviewers to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Copy of the 2 most relevant papers, selected by the candidate as most representative of his/her contribution to the advance of the Economics research area;
- Summary of the research project (maximum 2 A4 pages);
- Other relevant documents to assess the candidate’s ability in the field.
Please, before you send our application, read the official call carefully for all application details and selection criteria:
Work Location and Salary
The work location is the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho – Campus de Gualtar, Braga, Portugal. The monthly salary (pre-tax) is 3.201,40 Euros.