This internship will begin Fall 2023 and is flexible on the number of hours. This position is located in College Station, TX with the Economics & Damages practice.
Berkeley Research Group (BRG) is a global consulting firm that helps leading organizations advance in three key areas: disputes and investigations, corporate finance, and performance improvement and advisory. We are an integrated group of experts, industry leaders, academics, data scientists, and economists, working beyond borders and disciplines. We harness our collective expertise to deliver the inspired insights and practical strategies our clients need to stay ahead of what’s next.
The work of an Intern can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects range from industry and subject matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of analysis. Interns should be able to assemble compelling evidence from data and research that supports our expert opinions.
- Develop and maintain electronic databases, spreadsheets and other files as dictated by project needs.
- Use programming, model building, and regression analysis skills in statistical analysis programs (such as Stata, R, or Python) and combined with their economic intuition to produce analysis for a variety of cases and/or projects across industries.
- Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review, and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public and commercial databases).
- Produce analysis for a variety of cases and/or projects across industry.
- Interact with senior staff, leadership, and clients to communicate economic concepts in an understandable manner.
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods, and computer models to develop solutions.
- Apply critical thinking skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Audit own work product and work product of others to assure quality.
- Participate in a team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
- Keep abreast of relevant policies with state regulating bodies on an ongoing basis.
- Progression towards Master’s or bachelor’s degree in economics or a minor in a field of economics studies.
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- 0-1 year of experience, including internships
- This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with strong analytical ability and a desire to advance within an organization.
- Proven capability with MS Excel and relational database program(s) (e.g., MS SQL Server, SAS, MS Access, Tableau, Alteryx, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle, or Teradata). A desire to expand these capabilities is required.
- Experience with statistical analysis programs (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, R) is desirable but not required.
BRG has been named as a 2023 Campus Forward Award Winner for Large Early Career Programs by Ripplematch. This award recognizes excellence in early career hiring, celebrating the programs that embrace innovative recruitment strategies, are making significant investments in diversity and inclusion, and are supporting the next generation of talent through impactful internships and entry-level programs.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. Most of our positions are based in one of the following office locations: Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Emeryville, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, and Washington DC, with potential travel to client sites. Our roles are generally in the office, however, within our Health Care Performance Improvement sub community our roles require 90% travel.
Join one of our fastest growing firms recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms, we have in-depth experience across a wide range of industries and markets. No matter what sector a business is in, we have experienced professionals who understand the challenges our clients face.
Economics & Damages - BRG’s Economic & Financial Consulting advise and provide clients with authoritative independent and related litigation advisory services based on our deep data analytics and industry knowledge. We support our clients around the world with strategic insight and expert testimony in commercial litigation, arbitration, and mediation. Our core practice areas include antitrust and competition, class action, health disputes and investigations, intellectual property (IP), labor and employment, and securities litigation.
Explore your future at BRG: https://careers.thinkbrg.com/
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Hourly Range: $25-$35/hr
Berkeley Research Group, LLC (BRG) is a global consulting firm that helps leading organizations advance in three key areas: disputes and investigations, corporate finance, and strategy and operations. Headquartered in California with over 40 offices around the world, we are an integrated group of experts, industry leaders, academics, data scientists, and professionals working beyond borders and disciplines. BRG strives to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is instinctive, not an initiative. We celebrate and value the diversity of our professionals and are dedicated to maintaining a truly inclusive work environment where all individuals feel respected and valued. We harness our collective expertise to deliver the inspired insights and practical strategies our clients need to stay ahead of what's next.
2200 Powell St # 1200
94608 Emeryville , United States