Junior industry position
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
As the Finance Analyst supporting Project Leadership Team, you acquire an understanding of the project economics and profitability drivers. Under supervision, you will assist in translating them into operational actions, and proactively advising the PL on how to influence critical operational levers in order to positively impact project financials. Key Responsibilities include:
- Create accurate, transparent, and timely financial analysis to support project leadership in project decision making process; clearly articulate financial implications of business decisions / choices, and provide retrospective analysis as well as drive forward looking actions on simpler projects / contract types
- For less complex projects facilitate the monthly revenue cycle and support project analysis requirements, including a review of units, forecast, unit prices, and revenue recognition. Ensure appropriate supporting documentation is available and that the forecast is aligned with operational plans.
- Complete all required variance analyses for the set of projects, with insight. Identify risks in the project forecast and opportunities to improve revenue outlook. Communicate, document and manage these on an ongoing message.
- Understand alternative finance scenarios within a project with a degree of technical knowledge and business acumen.
• 1-3 years of finance partner experience within Clinical Research Organization or Project Based Consulting Industry
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
• Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham