Executive / senior industry position
Sales & Marketing - Relationship & Account Management
Regular - Experienced Hire
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com. Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
This role is responsible for providing revenue, regulatory, project and sales support to and improving processes for the Sales function. Has oversight for activities before and after handover to the Ratings Team for new and existing business in assigned countries. Under the supervision of the Manager EMEA Sales Operations, assigns work to and manages the performance of Sales Operations associates providing internal and customer facing support related to the sales process, onboarding, revenue recognition, reporting, regulations and projects. Scope
- Assist the Manager EMEA Sales Operations in delivering on the Sales Operations mandate by absorbing activities so that Sales can increase time spent interfacing with customers.
- Manage assigned region and associates that monitor mandates beginning at handover through to billing, providing customer support that improves the customer experience and ensures the Sales teams can focus on the relevant customer-related activities.
- Responsible for delivering high levels of service quality to internal and external clients. Will contribute to the development of KPIs for assigned regions.
- Is accountable for the results produced by the team and will manage its performance through assigning and reviewing work performed and providing coaching, training and other support.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting the team’s performance
- Will supplement team by contributing to the work performed.
- Develop associates to meet evolving business needs.
- Monitor for and identify trends affecting SFDC data quality.
- Identify and escalate issues that require Sales Operations Management, Account Management/
Relationship Management and/or Senior Management involvement.
- Engage appropriate MIS personnel, produce briefing memos and provide support so that issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Build, maintain and leverage excellent relationships with internal stakeholders across MIS, with emphasis on the Sales organization in assigned region(s).
- Work with the Sales teams, Billing, Collections, GMO and Pricing to minimise Unbilled and Accounts Receivable as well as deals in LOB pipeline. Work with Sales teams, GMO, Pricing and Billing to determine root causes and corrective actions.
- Will identify, recommend and lead implementation of opportunities to improve the Moody’s Commercial processes and the customer experience. Lead and/or participate in projects as assigned.
Can represent the Sales Ops team in internal meetings where applicable
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or IT background. Master degree will be appreciated.
- 6+ years of working experience with a solid background in Project Management, Process Management or Sales Support Operations.
- Exposure to and/or knowledge of the role and function of Rating Agencies a plus.
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel
- Working knowledge of sales data flows from commercial to financial systems
- Sales force experience
- Strong understanding of Moody’s service suite, contracts and general conduct of business
- Local market, customer and Moody’s systems knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to apply sound judgment when selecting solution paths
- Proven ability to understand issues/problems, identify root causes, develop and implement solution paths
- Effectively prepare for and conduct telephone meetings with issuers at all levels independently and with minimal oversight to respond to inquiries and provide status updates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player with ability to work independently.
- Willingness to travel to Moody’s regional and occasionally global offices (5-10%).
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.