We are offering a position as a full-time PhD Student at the College of Management of Technology at EPFL, Lausanne.
Our institute, the Technology & Operations Management (TOM) Chair, focuses on issues which arise in technology-based enterprise such as forecasting the demand for newly launched products, modeling challenges in operations and supply chain management such as optimizing product assortments in an omni-channel environment, or improving supply chain resilience. We are also interested in boosting sustainability and technology adoption within entire supply networks. We base our work on stylized quantitative models that capture essential tradeoffs and offer managerial insights. We encourage industry collaboration to help bridge between theory and practice.
• Full responsibility for your own dissertation
• Research in close collaboration with industry partners
• Supervision of student projects and basic administrative support
• An excellent Master’s level degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or Computer Science
• A strong mathematical background and a sincere interest in business-related topics
• Proficiency in English, strong team spirit, independence and a high level of motivation for academic research work motivated by relevant practical problems
• Excellent working conditions based at EPFL in Lausanne
• Individual and intensive supervision of your PhD project
• Full financial support
The PhD position will typically span 4 years, including mandatory doctoral coursework. Dissertation, coursework, and student projects will all be in English. The starting date is September 15th, 2023.
Formal applications should be submitted online by April 15th, 2023 at:
We welcome you to submit your CV for pre-screening to email@example.com
Lausanne , Switzerland