Researcher / analyst
In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced, Agile environment with a diverse team that possesses a true passion for technology, transformation, and outcomes. You will play a critical role in the implementation of Waters new Salesforce platform, harnessing the power of cloud, big data, and AI for the changing future of Waters field operations both Sales and Service.
You will be supporting the Salesforce Product Owner in managing the product vision, strategy and roadmap for Waters’ Salesforce.com platform. Through an Agile development model, the Salesforce Business Analyst will consult and liaise with business stakeholder to understand current business processes, identify pain points and translate requirements into actionable user stories.
There will be a large focus on partnering with IT resources to find solutions that drive business value. The Salesforce Business Analyst will be involved in both large-scale, transformational, company-wide initiatives as well as the continuous efforts to evolve platform features. A self-starter attitude, excellent communication, and dedication to innovation are critical to this role.
- Analyze existing business processes and, together with Product Owner, identify areas for improvement
- Translate business requirements into actionable user stories, high level prioritization and product value metrics and clearly communicate requirements to IT staff through user stories
- Organize stories into epics and/or split epics into user stories that are deliverable chunks of work Provide the appropriate amount of documentation in user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve backlog with the team, ensuring all items are clearly described, estimated, and prioritized
- Participate in grooming sessions to ensure business questions are answered.
- Identify what stakeholders are impacted by business process changes
- Gain consensus from business stakeholders on open questions/decisions
- Validate delivered work against acceptance criteria and agreed upon “definition of done”
- Help team made up of both technical and non-technical resources “speak the same language” and help move the team toward a more collaborative nature
- Monitor platform performance utilizing measurable KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- 2-4+ years working with stakeholders in a business environment, working across cross-functional groups to apply software solutions to business problems
- Good understanding of business processes for Sales, Marketing and Service
- Salesforce certifications (Salesforce Administrator, Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant, Field Service Lightning Consultant) a plus
- Ability to understand current processes, evaluate areas for improvement, document gaps and a path to close the gap
- Ability to see the big picture and break it down into deliverable “chunks”
- Ability to facilitate a team to consensus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodology, writing user stories, prioritizing backlog, etc.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Share on your newsfeed