At the University of Greifswald’s Chair of Monetary Economics in the Faculty of Law and Economics, there is a job vacancy expected to be available from 1 March 2024, subject to budgetary regulations, for a part-time (75 %)
Teaching and Research Assistant (Postdoctoral or Doctoral).
The fixed-term contract is for a period of 3 years. Payment will be made according to pay group 13 TV-L Wissenschaft.
The Chair of Monetary Economics delivers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in economics, including macroeconomics and microeconomics, as well as economics of banking and monetary policy. Research at the chair addresses topical issues in financial intermediation, financial stability, and central banking, using ideas mainly from information economics and game theory as well as from dynamic macroeconomics. We provide a supportive and friendly working environment and a research network with opportunities for national and international collaboration. The qualification of young academics is welcome and supported.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform academic research and teaching services. Furthermore, tasks will be assigned to support the chair, in particular with:
- Creation and development of digital and blended teaching and learning materials
- Supervision of students, e.g. coursework, UG and PG dissertations
- Planning, programming and implementation of software-based model analyses
- Administrative tasks
- Tasks are assigned which are also conducive to the preparation of a doctorate or the achievement of additional scientific qualification (e.g. Habilitation); research-related tasks and teaching will therefore be conducive to the preparation of such qualifications
- postgraduate university degree (MSc, Diplom or similar) at merit-level or above, in economics or business studies, or from a course in mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering that was related to some extent to economics and business studies
- Good knowledge of economic theory or a strong interest in acquiring it
- Teaching experience with good teaching evaluations (only for candidates applying for the postdoctoral role)
- Firm intention to do a doctorate or habilitation
- Very good proficiency in German and English
Additional knowledge and skills that will be considered in the selection process:
- Completed doctorate in a relevant subject
- Experience in typesetting with TeX/LaTeX
- Programming skills and/or knowledge of software packages for the analytical or numerical solving/evaluation of models (e.g. MatLab, Mathematica) and/or of statistical software packages (e.g. Stata, R)
- Documented interest in research areas within the realm of the research agenda of the chair
- Experience abroad (e.g. internship, studies) would be a further asset
The position is open to all persons, irrespective of gender.
In accordance with § 68(3) PersVG M-V, the Staff Council will only be involved in staff matters of the academic or artistic staff on request.
Unfortunately, application costs (e.g. travel expenses for interviews) will not be reimbursed by the State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Please only submit copies of your application documents as they cannot be returned.
Please note that by submitting your application, you provide your consent pursuant to data protection law for our processing of your application data. Further information about the legal bases and the use of your data can be found here.
Applications comprising all usual documents and additionally a writing sample from the dissertation/thesis or similar should be sent with reference to the job advertisement number 23/Op29 by 15 December 2023, in electronic form (one PDF file) and addressed to Professor Dr. Diemo Dietrich, email: email@example.com