New world of business
Our globalised, digital economy and disruptive new technological innovation is creating virtually unlimited opportunities for new ventures. Human creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset are needed to initiate successful new ideas, and develop sustainable new markets and business models that benefit society as well as business. If you are energised by the dynamic possibilities of the rapidly-evolving new world of business, the Utrecht University MSc in Business Development and Entrepreneurship gives you the practical abilities, networks, and strong academic foundations you need.
Watch the video of the Business Development and Entrepreneurship Programme.
This Master’s programme is based on Utrecht University’s world class research in the domain of entrepreneurship and innovation, and the interaction with business strategy and policy practice by U.S.E. staff members and lecturers. It also draws upon the broad international research network of the Utrecht Center for Entrepreneurship.
In this Master’s programme you get the knowledge and skills to create an environment that empowers the greatest entrepreneurial talent to thrive inside organizations, regions and countries
- venture development, creating the right environment and context for new ventures to thrive;
- capturing value from innovation;
- obtaining and managing (venture) capital.
Master’s programme in Business Development and Entrepreneurship provides you with:
- The tools, skills and techniques to recognise and develop new opportunities within established organisations as well as start-ups;
- Market analysis and empirical techniques for such analysis, including customer development;
- Strategy creation abilities. Special attention is paid to the launch of new products and services;
- Competences for organising and managing fast-growing corporations and corporate units, internally as well as in value-creating networks;
- Knowledge of how to finance new ventures, especially in a corporate environment.
Upon completion of the MSc in Business Development and Entrepreneurship you are an expert in creating an environment in which new ventures can take hold and flourish. This expertise is highly sought after in business development functions (including innovation, marketing and finance) in large (multinational) corporations. The same applies in entrepreneurial teams, start-ups and various other economic development functions. Read more about possible career prospects.
- Countless new doors have opened up to take the next step in my career
- Degree: This Master's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- Title: MSc
- Programme: Business Development and Entrepreneurship
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April