Master of Science (MSc) in Data Science and Economics (MSc, LM-91)
The Master of Science (MSc) in Data Science and Economics aims at offering an exclusive and high-quality study programme.
This internationally-oriented programme is intended to provide students with both an excellent academic training and operational skills, as well as with a promising outlook for a future career as Data Scientist.
The Master of Science (MSc) in Data Science and Economics is a genuinely multidisciplinary programme, offering a well-balanced set of courses in computer science, statistics and economics. The programme is entirely taught in English.
THE STUDY PROGRAMME
1st YEAR (60 ECTS)
- Advanced Micro and Macroeconomics, 12 ECTS
- Coding for Data Science and Data Management, 12 ECTS
- Graph Theory, Discrete Mathematics and Optimization, 12 ECTS
- Machine Learning, Statistical Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence, 12 ECTS
- Micro-econometrics, Causal Inference and Time Series Econometrics, 12 ECTS
2nd YEAR (60 ECTS)
Three Alternative Curricula: Economics/Business Innovation/Social Science (18 ECTS each)
Each curriculum is made up of three courses (6 ECTS each) chosen among a set prepared by the Faculty)
Mandatory courses for all curricula:
- Algorithms for Massive Data, Cloud and Distributed Computing, 12 ECTS
- Cybersecurity and Privacy, Preservation Techniques and Digital Security and Privacy, 6 ECTS
Elective courses: 12 ECTS
Internship: 3 ECTS
Final Dissertation: 9 ECTS
This programme is intended for highly-qualified national and international students with a strong motivation in learning advanced topics in computer science, statistics and economics with the aim of becoming data scientists.
About 50 students are expected to be admitted each year. Admission is based on academic excellence and motivation. Applicants meeting the entry requirements can send their application on-line.
The entry requirements are:
- An undergraduate degree (at least 180 ECTS)
- 12 ECTS in mathematics and computer science
- 12 ECTS in economics and statistics
- English knowledge (B2 or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
The DSE Admission Board will evaluate academic and personal background and will invite eligible candidates for an interview to be held in telematic form (via Skype or similar) from mid-February till the beginning of July each year.
Graduates of the MSc in Data Science and Economics are qualified to be tomorrow’s experts in the increasingly complex world of new data emerging in all fields of social sciences, economics, business and finance.
Prospect careers include:
- Data Scientist
- Data Driven Economist
- Data Driven Decision-Maker
- Analysts of Projects and Policies
- Marketing Analytics Manager
Do you want to learn more about this course? Have a look at the
You can also check the website for information about .