Prof. Mickael GERAUDEL
Language: English (UK)
Organisation data: Department of Economics and Management (DEM)
Job Number: UOL05570
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 24 Month
Schedule Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 40.0 Hours per Week
Expected Start Date: 01/05/2023
Expected End Date: 30/04/2025
Job (internal): Postdoctoral researcher
The Department of Economics and Management of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher to conduct research in Entrepreneurship and Sustainability.
The Postdoctoral researcher will be working under the supervision of Professor Mickaël Géraudel, within the Chair Entrepreneurship and Innovation. In particular, the Postdoctoral Researcher will be in charge of:
- Publication of articles in scientific reviews and contributions to conferences
- Assisting with teaching activities, one to three hours a week and contribute to tutoring students
We are looking for a candidate with a PhD in Management preferably with a specialization in entrepreneurship and/ sustainability (N.B. applications from PhD candidates who will have started their final year of doctoral studies before that date may be considered).
In particular, the following requirements apply:
- Strong interest in sustainability
- Proven ability to autonomously conduct research at a post-doctoral level
- Good IT skills
- Proven ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language, German in particular, will be considered an advantage
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05570
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77167 (full time)
In particular, we offer:
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment
- Excellent facilities including personal work space at the University
- Travel opportunities for training and learning
- The University is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply...
Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system and include:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with a complete bibliography of published works
- Motivation letter
- A copy of the PhD diploma or a letter indicating the expected defense date
- Copy of a publication
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee
We encourage early application. To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply by March, 31st 2023.
Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered. The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management (DEM)
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s world-class financial centre ranked second in the world in investment fund asset domicile, and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs, and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub within the University at the heart of Europe.
- Find out more about the FDEF
- Find out more about the University
- Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Mickael GERAUDEL email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1855 Luxembourg , Luxembourg