Partially Remote (some attendance required)
The cascad agency at HEC Paris is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to conduct research in Reproducible and Replicable Research (RRR). Cascad is a Research Support Unit jointly run by CNRS (French National Centre for Scientific Research) and several French higher education institutions. Cascad's mission is to promote and verify research reproducibility (same data + same code = same results) in economics. Its main actions are to:
- Help individual researchers to signal the reproducibility of their research. This is done by running their code on their original data and, depending on the outcome, delivering a reproducibility certificate.
- Verify the reproducibility of the results presented in conditionally-accepted papers with academic journals (e.g. American Economic Review, American Economic Journal, Economic Journal).
- Conduct academic research on research reproducibility.
The postdoctoral researcher will be working within the cascad agency under the supervision of Professor Christophe Pérignon (cascad founding director and HEC Paris professor of finance). In particular, the postdoctoral researcher will:
- Contribute to research in the area of research reproducibility
- Publish articles in leading scientific journals
- Contribute to design standards for reproducible research in economics and finance
- Create and deliver training programs on computational reproducibility
- Verify the computational reproducibility of academic papers
We are looking for a candidate with a Ph.D. in economics, econometrics or finance, or related quantitative fields.
In particular, the following requirements apply:
- Strong interest in reproducible research
- Excellent skills in scientific software (Stata, R, Python, Matlab, etc)
- Proven ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 12 Months
- Starting date: September 2023 (or earlier)
- Location: HEC Paris campus, Jouy en Josas (16 kms from the center of Paris)
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com and include:
- A motivation letter with a description of research interests and plans for the coming year (2 pages max)
- A copy of the Ph.D. diploma or a letter indicating the expected defense date
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of two referees
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Christophe Pérignon, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascad is located on the HEC Paris campus. HEC Paris (http://www.hec.edu), France’s top “Ivy League” Business School, is located just outside of Paris and can be reached in 30 minutes by car from the city. The school has a core MSc in Management program with 750+ students entering each year. HEC Paris has been consistently ranked among the top-2 European Business Schools by the Financial Times since 2006. The Finance Department’s MSc in International Finance has been ranked as top-1 worldwide by the Financial Times for the past eight years. Graduates of the Ph.D. program have received job offers from top-10 North American universities.
1 rue de la liberation
78350 Jouy-en-Josas , France