Master's Programme (MILE): Law, Economics and Political Science
Regular fees: 18000 CHF
Looking to embark on a rewarding career in international trade? Then you have come to the right place. The Master of Advanced Studies in International Law and Economics (MILE) programme is designed for students and young professionals who wish to broaden their knowledge of international trade and investment in the fields of law, economics and political science.
Information regarding the coronavirus pandemic and what it means for the beginning of the new semester at the WTI
The spread of the coronavirus does not only affect our regular daily lives but also has a significant impact on the global trading system. The WTI is at the cutting edge of the latest developments in global trade policies. As a student at the WTI, you will be able to deepen your knowledge of how this crisis will shape the future of the trading system through the teaching and expertise of an excellent in-house and external faculty.
The MILE and TRAIL+ (LL.M.) programmes, starting in September 2021, will be offered both on site and online. Travel restrictions may make it difficult for some students to come to Switzerland. These students can attend all lectures in real time via Zoom or watch the recordings of the lectures at a later time more convenient to them. For each course, there will be a weekly Q&A session via Zoom for the benefit of online students. Also, the formation of virtual study groups will be encouraged and facilitated. Online students are at any time during the academic year welcome to continue their programme on site.
Why the MILE
What makes the MILE programme unique is the interdisciplinary approach to the study of international economic governance.
Professor Peter Van den Bossche, WTI Director of Studies
MILE Application Form (Word)
MILE Study Plan
Established in 1999, the Master of Advanced Studies in International Law and Economics (MILE) is the flagship programme of the World Trade Institute. It is one of the world’s leading programmes of advanced studies in the field of international trade regulation and has close ties to the WTI’s research portfolio. The programme uniquely combines a multidisciplinary perspective with a strong applied focus. In addition to our resident faculty, we bring in the world’s leading trade experts from law firms, international organisations, policy research institutes and top universities.
What we offer
- A one-year, intensive graduate programme (can also be taken part-time)
- Teaching and guidance from world-class scholars and practitioners - recruited from leading universities, international organisations, think tanks and global law firms
- Highly applicable real-world knowledge and the latest research developments in international trade and investment regulation, and economics
- A vibrant alumni network with over 500 members worldwide
- Strong networks and mentoring programmes to help students secure internships and entry-level positions
What you bring
- The MILE is designed for students and professionals with a background in law, economics, international relations or political science, who wish to embark on a career in international trade and investment
For information about living and studying in Switzerland, click here.
Partially Online (some attendance required)
3012 Bern , Switzerland