PhD in Corporate Finance - Ghent University
The Corporate Finance Research Group is looking for highly motivated candidates, interested in pursuing a fully funded Ph.D. in Business Economics at Ghent University.
You will perform academic research in the field of corporate finance. The precise research agenda will be decided upon jointly with your supervisor. Potential research domains consist of entrepreneurial finance, financial intermediation, dividend policy, mergers and acquisitions, among others.
- The candidate should have a master degree in (applied) economics, econometrics, finance, or business engineering (by September 2024).
- Successful candidates should have excellent qualifications at bachelor and master level.
- Excellent econometric skills are considered an asset.
- The candidate must be prepared to work in Ghent (Belgium).
- The candidate should have a high level of proficiency in English sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- The Department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation offers a dynamic, stimulating and pleasant working environment. The student will be part of the Corporate Finance Research Group (www.corpfin.ugent.be), which enjoys a strong international reputation and is part of a wide network consisting of other universities, companies and institutions. The student will be able to further develop skills through additional Ph.D. courses, seminars and international conferences.
- The contract can start as of September 1, 2024.
Applications should be uploaded before January 16, 2024, through the official job application page of Ghent University following this link: Assistant department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation (ugent.be)
You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- cover letter outlining your academic interests, research experience and motivation;
- a copy of your diploma;
- a copy of your grades.
Ghent University seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments.
For more information about this vacancy please contact:
Prof. dr. Virginie Mataigne, mail: Virginie.Mataigne@UGent.be