RED - Ph.D. in Economics
RED offers 4-year scholarships (plus a one-year extension for promisin students) and tuition waivers on an academic-merit basis
The Rome Economics Doctorate (RED) is a Ph.D. program in Economics run by EIEF, Luiss and University of Rome Tor Vergata.
RED is a challenging and selective Ph.D. program for highly talented students with an advanced MSc-level background in Economics. Courses and supervision are held by world-renowned scholars in a stimulating and international research environment.
- intensive specialized courses, workshops and reading groups
- tailored supervision and tutoring by leading researchers
- four-year scholarships, plus a one-year extension for star students
- possibility of an exchange semester in selected economics departments
- an international faculty and interaction with world-class visiting scholars
The first year offers research-oriented courses. These courses will give students an overview of frontier research. Courses are organized over two semesters, with exams in December and June/July.
Workshops and Reading Groups
Students from all years participate on a monthly basis in a reading group in which they present and discuss advanced material, and in a workshop, in which they present progress reports on their own work.
- After the first year, students will also have the opportunity to sign up for teaching or (paid) research assistantship positions.
- Placement opportunities range from policy institutions (central banks, governments, international organizations) to the international academic job market.
Via Sallustiana 162
00187 Rome , Italy