Professor in Finance and Labor
Professor, senior researcher / group leader
Reint E. Gropp, PhD, President of the IWH and Professor Per Olsson, PhD, Dean of Faculty and Research at ESMT
As a joint appointment, the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT Berlin) and the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association seek to fill the position of a
Professor in Finance and Labor
in conjunction with a position as
Senior Research Advisor at the Department of Laws, Regulations and Factor Markets (LRF) at the IWH,
starting at the earliest possible date.
The IWH is one of the seven economic research institutes of the Leibniz Association. The Institute’s research focuses on the analysis of long-term growth processes with special emphasis on the efficient allocation of labor and capital. ESMT Berlin is one of the top ranked private business schools in Europe.
The successful candidate will represent the LRF department’s research and policy advice to the scientific community, decision makers in economic policy, and the public. There is a teaching load of 50 points per year at ESMT Berlin associated with the position.
- fulfills the formal requirements according to § 35 of the University Law of Saxony-Anhalt (Landeshochschulgesetz Sachsen-Anhalt) and § 100 (1) of the Law on Higher Education Institutions in the State of Berlin (Berliner Hochschulgesetz – BerlHG),
- possesses an understanding of capital and labor markets with a particular research focus on how labor and capital markets interact, and how laws and regulations impact the functioning of labor and capital markets,
- has a distinguished, internationally outstanding publication record at the intersection of Financial Economics and Labor Economics,
- has an active interest in advising, mentoring, and supporting PhD students as well as junior faculty, and in contributing to a vibrant and dynamic research environment in collaboration with senior faculty,
- is excited about communicating research results to policy makers, press, and the general public,
- has been successful in raising third-party funding,
- has an established record and commitment to excellence in teaching as well as experience in teaching graduate level courses in finance
The two appointment committees of the IWH and ESMT will make their decision in consensus. Professor Reint E. Gropp, PhD, President of the IWH (Tel: +49 345 7753 700) and Professor Per Olsson, PhD, Dean of Faculty and Research at ESMT (Tel. +49 30 212 31 1298), are available for further information.
We welcome your application, regardless of gender, cultural and social background, age or sexual orientation. Applications from disabled persons will be given priority in the case of equal suitability, ability, and professional expertise. ESMT and the IWH aim to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions and specifically encourage women to apply. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite for the position, but the willingness to learn German is desirable.
We are looking forward to your application (preferably via e-mail), including your updated CV, list of publications, documentation of previous teaching experience including evaluation reports, overview of conference talks as well as successfully acquired third-party funds, submitted by March 31, 2024, to LRFemail@example.com, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH), Executive Board, Kleine Maerkerstraße 8, 06108 Halle (Saale), Germany.
Professor, Senior Researcher / Group Leader
06108 Halle (Saale) , Germany