The structure of the Doctoral Academic Studies programme- Economics
The Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics at the Faculty of Economics, University of Kragujevac, contains all the standards defined by the Law on Higher Education of the Republic of Serbia: 1. Titles and objectives of the study programme, 2. The type of the studies and learning outcomes, 3. Academic title, 4. Conditions for the programme’s entrance, 5. The list of mandatory and optional courses, with their general content, 6. The method for programme’s presentation-points value for each course, defined by the European system of points transition, 7. Doctoral thesis defined by ECTS points value, 8. Preconditions for entering specific courses/group of courses, 9. The way of choosing courses from other studies’ curriculums at the same or different university, 10. Conditions for transition from another studies in the framework of the same or corresponding study fields, 11. Other issues concerning study programme.
The Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics includes corresponding advanced theoretical, methodological and applicable contents of the relevant fields of Economics, Management and Bussiness Economics, as well as individual and original scientific work. The learning outcomes of our students are: comprehensive and extended theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge, especially in those fields in which scientific research will be carried on, as well as his/her enabling to complete their doctoral thesis of the highest quality, through scientific research work within the fields of Economics, Management and Business Economics.
The Doctoral academic studies Economics curriculum (the list of compulsory and optional study courses, i.e. subjects, with their general content), rules of studying, the rights and obligations of students and other relevant issues for carrying on related study programme are being printed every year as a separate publication, available in public and on-line, on the Faculty site.
The Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics is a three-year programme, equivalent to 180 ECST points.
The Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics belongs to social and humanistic sciences, precisely to Economics, Management and Business Economics.
The Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics provides the academic title of PhD-Doctor of Economics.
Conditions for the programme’s entrance and other important elements are defined by the Statute and the Faculty of Economics Law.
Each course that can be chosen by a student at the Faculty of Economics consists of 4 lecture classes and 6 classes of individual scientific research, a week.
Teaching methods depend on the type of class-they can be in the form of active lecture, individual students’ work, doctoral thesis, etc.
Active classes are based upon professor’s lectures, and scientific research. This type of classes is accomplished through constant professor-student contact. Lectures and consultations are held each week during a semester according to the syllabus established in advance.
Lectures are the type of classes in which a professor teaches contents of a course to the group of students.
Consultations are held both individually and within a small group of students. During the consultations professor is at student’s disposition, depending on their research and cognitive needs and interests. The latter refer to the direction of students to the choice and usage of the literature, providing additional explanations concerning their research work, etc.
Scientific research work includes all the aspects of classes planned for a direct enablement of students for their creative and scientific writing. These classes of active teaching provide the opportunity for students to complete their doctoral thesis.
Mentorship is the type of teaching in which a professor-mentor is in direct contact with a student, so as to help student to complete his/her thesis, as well as to publish his/her accomplished scientific research results.
The Doctoral Academic Studies programme in Economics objective
The objective of the Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics at the Faculty of Economics, University of Kragujevac, is in accordance to the mission and aims of the Faculty.
The objective of the study programme is, first of all, to contribute to further development of scientific fields of macroeconomics, management in business, accountancy and business finance. These fields are used for the curriculum’s organisation, and the Faculty is their base.
At the same time, the objective of the programme is to enable students to enhance their independent and original scientific, in practise relevant, research phenomena and problems in macroeconomics, management and business economics.
Furthermore, the goal of the programme is to support students’ development of critical thought, and to, through expansion and enrichment of their cumulative theoretical, methodological and applicable knowledge, enable them for critical evaluation of scientific research of the others, as well as for critical and complementary usage of the scientific knowledge and instruments in the processes of scientificaly argumented and practically valid research.
The goal of the programme is to contribute to the creation of young persons interested in scientific research in the fields of macroeconomics, business management for companies, accountancy, and business finance, in complex and dynamic conditions of the global economy and accelerated technological development.
The goal of the programme is to contribute to the global economic and social prosperity of the country through the development of economics and producing young scientists interested in scientific research fields.
The goals of the Doctoral Academic Studies programme in Economics
The goals of the Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics at the Faculty of Economics, University of Kragujevac, are in accordance to the basic goals and missions of the Faculty.
Derived from the defined objective of the Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics the goals of the programme are:
- To enable students for creative and scientifically based research work in the fields of macroeconomics, management in business, accountancy and business finance;
- To provide students with the corresponding enhanced knowledge of the relevant scientific fields of economics;
- To direct students towards important theoretical, methodological and applicable issues of contemporary economics;
- To enable students for individual scientific research, preparation, public presentation, and scientifically argumented assertion of the results gained in the scientific research;
- To provide support for the development of scientific fields -macroeconomics, business economics, management, through corresponding theoretical, methodological, and applicable research;
- To enable students for critical and complementary usage of different theoretical and methodological instruments and knowledge in scientific research of the relevant issues of economics, management and business economics;
- To enable students of doctoral academic studies for expansion of gained scientific acknowledgement and creative implementation of scientifically verified research results in a company’s procedure, organisation and other institutions, with the purpose of contributing social and economic development of the environment, as well as of the country.
- To enable students to-through valid planning, writing and assertion of their thesis-independently conceptualise and creatively solve theoretically and practically relevant problems of contemporary economics.
The Doctoral Academic Studies programme in Economics competencies
Upon completing the Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics, at the Faculty of Economics, University of Kragujevac, students have the opportunity to gain relevant knowledge of macroeconomics, management in business for companies, accountancy, business finance. During the programme, students are able to gain required intelectual and practical skills, and necessary competencies in order to:
- Independently set and solve practical and theoretical problems in specific field of economics, in which they have gained PhD degree; also to organize and realise developing and scientific research;
- Involve themselves in realization of international scientific projects;
- Put into realization the development of new procedures in economics framework, and to understand, critically evaluate and use the most contemporary scientifically verified knowledge in specific scientific field;
- To apply critical knowledge, act creatively and independently;
- To respect the principles of ethics in scientific community and the right ethical practice;
- To communicate professionally in presenting the results of scientific research;
- To contribute to the development of economics, science in general, companies’ practice, as well as to the social and economic development of the local community, and country in general;
- To report scientific research results, and speak for them at conferences, and to publish them in scientific publications.
Upon completion of the Doctoral academic studies programme in Economics, at the Faculty, students also gain relevant competencies in specific subject:
- Thorough understanding and cognition of researched scientific academic disciplines;
- Proficiency in selecting, structuring and solving problems in Economics and Management, using compatible scientific methodologies, methods, models and techniques;
- Proficiency in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary correlation of scientific insights and knowledge in different fields, and their corresponding implementaton;
- Proficiency in independent observing and critical evaluating contemporary international accomplishments in economics and its practice;
- The development of intelectual skills-implementing and employing methodologies concerning economics, the development of analysis of the specific problem in economics, and synthesis of the established research results, enhancement of critical thought in the research processes and solving problems in economics and management, scientifical and argumentative selecting of the original scientific goal, etc, and practical skills-competence for the usage of contemporary informational and commucative technologies in order to research problems of economics, skills for outlining and presenting research results, etc.
Лицеја Кнежевине Србије 3
34000 Kragujevac , Serbia