Doctoral studies in France:
- 3 years (derogations subject to approval) of research work and specific training in the form of tuition or participation in seminars
- Careers in academia, public administrations, international organizations, consultancies and other businesses
Doctoral Contracts: A doctoral contract is a 3-year employment contract under which an institution selects and hires a student to undertake doctoral studies. There are no conditions in terms of age or nationality.
Doctoral Schools: The ENS de Lyon is associated to 10 of the 17 doctoral schools of the Université de Lyon.
- Missions: supervise and instruct aspiring doctors until the final submission of the doctoral thesis.
- Selection criteria: holding a Master's degree, scientific excellence, motivation and merit.
Professional Integration Courses: Doctoral training for all PhD students enrolled in any one of the doctoral schools to help their professional integration:
- field-specific, scientific courses validated by or carried out within the doctoral schools
- 50 professional-integration modules: developing the entrepreneurial spirit, scientific communication, project management, teamwork, English/French courses, etc.
HOW TO PURSUE A PHD?
- Exclusively at ENS de Lyon
- Internationa joint PhD (Double Degree)
- Pursuing a jointly supervised PhD
- Specific program for ECNU students
Check more information about each modality here
DOCTORAL SCHOOL ED 486 SEG
ED 486 SEG is a doctoral school in economics and business administration. It includes a wide variety of domains such as behavioral economics, economic history, microeconomics, macroeconomics, human resources, marketing, information systems, finance, insurance, strategy, management, health care management.
The doctorate degree is delivered by Université de Lyon and students are registered with one of its 5 components: 4 universities and 1 stand-alone School. In addition, there is a partnership with a private school.
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1
- Université Lumière Lyon 2
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3 (where the doctoral school is located)
- Université Jean Monnet Saint-Étienne
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- EM Lyon Business School (partner)
In total, more than 100 PhD advisors are affiliated with the doctoral school.
7 RESEARCH CENTERS
Each research center is specialized but they share 6 domains:
- Behaviors and decision making
- Entrepreneurship, governance and employment
- Numerical transformations and society
- Risk management and insurance
- Health care
- Local policies and the cities
More Information about the doctoral school here
If you want more information about pursuing a doctoral degree at ESN Lyon, please contact:
Office of International Affairs
Phone: +33 4 37 37 66 82
Fax: +33 4 37 37 63 60