The Master in Economics provides students with a working knowledge of the main tools of quantitative economics. It is directed to graduates in economics, mathematics, and engineering, as well as to graduates in social sciences with a taste for rigorous analysis. The program prepares students to pursue a professional specialization in one of the different fields of economics, leading to a career in government agencies, international organizations, or the private sector. It serves as well as a first step to students who plan to pursue a research career by enrolling into a Ph.D. program in economics.
In the last five years, our students have been placed in top Ph.D. programs in Economics (University of Minnesota, University College London, European University Institute, among others), in leading financial institutions and consulting firms (e.g. European Investment Bank, BBVA Research, Bearing Point, Compass Lexecon), and in government agencies and ministries (e.g. AIReF, Irish Fiscal Advisory Council).
The Master is a full-time, one-year program (60 ECTS) during which students take 6 mandatory courses in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and Econometrics, and complete their studies with three optional specialized courses on the topics of their professional interest. In addition, students must complete a Master’s thesis.
Three phases of application with deadlines: 31 Jan 2023, 31 Mar 2023, 31 May 2023
MASTER IN NUMBERS
- ☛ University Carlos III was ranked 45th worldwide in the QS World University Rankings by subject 2020: Economics & Econometrics.
- ☛ #52 of the world and #11 of Europe in the Ranking of the European Economic Association
- ☛ #55 of the world and #16 of Europe in the Ranking of Tilburg University on Economics (2011-2015)
- ☛ 70% of the professors have taken doctorates in prestigious universities in Europe and the United States
- ☛ More than 70% of the students are foreigners
The Master's Degree is aimed at graduate students in the areas of Economics, Science and Engineering, although applications for graduates in Social or Legal Sciences will be attended provided that their training is in accordance with the requirements of the Master's subjects
This program is taugh at Campus Gestafe - C/ Madrid, 126, 28903 Getafe (Madrid)
Ronda de Toledo, 1
28005 Madrid , Spain