Master in Quantitative Economics – Certificate for Advanced Quantitative Methods in Economics, Paris France
Master's degree; Certificate
Regular fees: 243 - 6630 EUR
International Fees : 243 - 6630 EUR
Become a top-level economist by following research training in economics
The Master in Quantitative Economics delivers high-quality academic training geared towards research in economics. This program strives to train top-level economists, open-minded and responsive to challenges to contemporary economy. It provides an excellent knowledge of advanced quantitative methods, including innovative techniques for processing large datasets. The program serves as an excellent foundation for PhD programs and other research-focused positions. It also provides students with the main tools used by economists as experts in governments, central banks, international organizations, financial institutions, and other private businesses.
The Master in Quantitative Economics allows students willing to do so to acquire the Certificate in Advanced Quantitative Methods in Economics (AQME) of the PSL Graduate Program in Economics, in addition to the Master’s degree.
The Master in Quantitative Economics is a two-year program delivering high-quality courses in economics and in quantitative methods used in economics. The curriculum is fully taught in English over the two years. It allows interested students to acquire the Certificate in Advanced Quantitative Methods in Economics (AQME) of the PSL Graduate Program in Economics.
The certificate in Advanced Quantitative Methods in Economics (AQME)
The AQME Certificate is a specific program expanding over the first and second years of Master. It offers advanced training in quantitative methods particularly designed for Master students who want to proceed towards a PhD or work in research departments or institutions. The training includes a theoretical component (courses and applications) and a practical component (internship). The theoretical part consists in validating courses and applications focused on advanced quantitative methods in economics, taught at both Master 1 and 2 levels. All certificate courses are included in the Master in Quantitative Economics. The practical component requires completing a research internship in an academic department, an international organization, or an administration in either Master 1 or Master 2. The objective is to allow students to make a first experience in a research environment as early as the Master’s degree. Given its marked orientation towards research in economics, the Master in Quantitative Economics offers numerous opportunities for completing this research internship, notably in the PSL research centers in Economics (LEDa, Mines ParisTech).
- An in-depth academic training covering a broad range of economic issues with a strong emphasis on the decision-making process of public and private economic stakeholders
- Strong international recognition of the degree, due to several assets: a graduate program up to international standards, with high reliance on mathematical modelling and quantitative methods, in English
- A diversified curriculum with a strong content in advanced quantitative methods, including innovative techniques for processing large datasets and computer programming of complex economic problems
- Exchange and internship opportunities worldwide thanks to QTEM’s network of universities and companies.
Overview of the program
During the Master first year, you will acquire a deep understanding of the fundamental economic concepts, with core courses in Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Macro-econometrics, Micro-econometrics, Game Theory, Data Management and programming. The curriculum comprises 2 sequences of courses, from early September to Early May.
During the second year of the Master, you will deepen your specialization by choosing one of the two Master tracks.
The Research Master “Quantitative Economic Analysis” (QEA) allows you to specialize in one of the three fields of specialization:
- Social and Public Policies
- Economic Theory
- Macroeconomics, Finance and Trade
The QEA Master track provides an excellent and rigorous training for PhD programs or paves the way to a career as a professional economist in the private as well as the public sectors, in France or abroad.
The Professional Master “Digital Economics” offers an in-depth training to pursue a high professional career as economist with advanced skills in the treatment and the modeling of complex and large databases.
The Master is targeted to students with a strong interest in economics and quantitative methods, with a view on professional insertion (Bac +5) or doctoral studies. Application is recommended in the Master first year to validate the AQME certificate. Access is also possible in the Master second year.
English fluency requirement should be attested by the following tests:
- For students from EU-universities: TOEFL-iBT (min 90), IELTS (min 6.5), Cambridge certificate (C1 level) GMAT or GRE results (min 650 in GMAT equivalent) from less than two years. Candidates who are native-English speakers or who have completed at least one year of international English language training in the last two years and have passed the relevant examinations are exempted.
- For students from non-EU universities: GRE (or GMAT) results (min 650 in GMAT equivalent) from less than two years.
Application should be sent online through the Mycandidature platform. It will be assessed by a jury made of the Master’s faculty.
The program is taught in English and welcomes international students. The Master offers multiple possibilities for international mobility during the first year of the Master, or in gap year, thanks to the global exchange program within the international network of universities and companies QTEM (Quantitative Techniques for Economy and Management) and Erasmus agreements offered by the University Paris Dauphine-PSL.
Our fields of expertise
After the Master’s completion, you will become an economic expert with advanced quantitative skills, with a specialization in the following fields
- Social and Public Policies: Labor & Education Economics, Health Economics, Impact evaluation of public policies, Policies in developing countries
- Macroeconomics, Finance & Trade: Business cycles and stabilization policies, International macroeconomics and trade, Monetary and banking economics
- Economic Theory: Game Theory, Behavioral Economics and bounded rationality, Empirical Industrial Organization
- Data management in view of business decisions: Economics of the internet, Financial data and systemic risk, Blockchain Economics
Master's degree; Certificate
Place du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny
75016 Paris , France