PhD in Economics
The Department of Political and Social Science at the University of Pavia is seeking applications for a PhD student on green and digital transition under the supervision of Prof. Roberta Rabellotti and in collaboration with Prof. Emanuele Forlani and Prof. Andrea Morrison.
The PhD student will be enrolled in the PhD Program in Economics, jointly held at the University di Pavia and Milan. A visiting period of at least 6 months at UNU-MERIT,
University of Maastricht is part of the PhD Program, with the possibility of obtaining a joint degree (to be confirmed). The student will work under the supervision of Prof. Roberta Rabellotti and in collaboration with Prof. Emanuele Forlani and Prof. Andrea Morrison. At UNU-MERIT, the student will work under the supervision of Prof. Rasmus Lema.
Tasks of the PhD researcher consist of (but are not limited to):
- Conducting scientific research;
- Data analyses;
- Publishing results in scientific journals and presentation in high-quality international conferences in these fields;
- Academic secondment of six to 12 months at UNU MERIT;
We seek a highly motivated PhD student who has a strong interest in thinking about the green and digital transition, specifically about the technological relatedness between the two areas, with:
- An MSc degree in Economics, Business or related fields;
- A strong affinity and motivation for doing basic scientific research in an interdisciplinary setting;
- An open mind and the ability to think creatively and out the box;
- Analytical skills and interest in data analysis;
- An interest in academic theory development and abstraction as well as theory application;
- Affinity with quantitative research methods and programs;
- An independent, pro-active working style;
- Motivation to work in a very dynamic team with outside collaborators.
Excellent scientific communication skills (written and verbally) in English.
Outstanding candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and motivation, detailing their relevant background, providing the names and e-mail addresses of at least three references and a CV. Send the application (single PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send email to email@example.com for more information about the research program.