Joint doctoral studies with Klaipėda University and Lithuanian Energy Institute (coordinating institution: Kaunas University of Technology).
Doctoral studies in Economics are provided at Kaunas University of Technology in joint cooperation with Klaipėda University and Lithuanian Energy Institute.
The programme aims to train a talented economists able to contribute to the latest scientific research of economics, create new knowledge and apply it in practice; to prepare top professionals in the area, who are ready for academic and professional career in leading research institutions of the world.
Persons with a Master’s Degree or equivalent degree of higher education may participate in an open competition for admission to doctoral studies.
Applicants to the doctoral program in the field of science are accepted by competition according to the competition score. Minimum Competition Score 8.0
Mandatory documents for admission:
- Filled in application form (online on apply.ktu.edu)
- Official legalised Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts (translated into English or Lithuanian and notary verified)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendations by two researchers of the relevant science field
- A list of the research works (this list is submitted with full bibliographic description) along with copies of the research works (or a research paper on the topic (-s) consistent with the dissertation topic (-s) indicated in the candidate’s application, if a candidate does not have any research works)
- A copy of the passport personal data page, or a copy of the ID card
- A copy of the receipt of the application fee payment (40 EUR for EU citizens, and 100 EUR for non-EU citizens)
- A certificate issued by IELTS, TOEFL, CERF or any other competent institution within the last 2 years certifying the level of the English language if the candidate is not a graduate of the first or second cycle studies conducted in the English language
Participation in motivational interview (Kaunas University of Technology, K. Donelaičio g. 73, Kaunas, Lithuania or online)
Signing a study agreement (if invited to study)
Selection criteria and their weighted coefficients
Weighted grade point average of the diploma supplement
Research experience in ten-point grading system (The evaluation of the research experience includes the candidate’s scientific publications or the research paper, other research experience, scientific qualifications, the compliance of the scientific publications and research experience with the topic of doctoral studies)
Recommendations by scientists