Associate Professor/Professor of Econometrics
We are seeking an Associate Professor/Professor of Econometrics to join School of Economics and Finance, Faculty of Business and Law, Academic Division. This appointment will be offered on an ongoing, full-time basis. The successful candidate will be internationally recognised for outstanding research contributions to the discipline; and have a reputation as a thought-leader who shapes future collaboration and innovation. They will be an excellent scholar of learning and teaching; will have an international reputation for student engagement, teaching quality and learning innovation. The successful candidate will be widely recognised as influential within the Econometrics discipline; will be committed to implementing a sustained positive impact on the broader community and on QUT’s reputation; and will mentor junior colleagues and emerging researchers and facilitate their international academic networks.
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
The School of Economics and Finance is one of the six Schools in the Faculty of Business and Law and is comprised of approximately 40 academic staff within the fields of Economics, Econometrics, Finance, and Property Economics. Our academics conduct research in several fields with a strong focus on publication quality and impact. The School has an active research environment that provides opportunities for both academics and higher degree students to interact regularly. The School is home to the Centre for Behavioural Economics, Society and Technology (BEST) and the ARC Training Centre for Behavioural Insights for Technology Adoption (BITA). Individual researchers in the School are actively involved with other OUT-based centres including the Centre for Data Science.
More information about the School of Economics and Finance and the Faculty of Business and Law may be found at the QUT website: https://www.qut.edu.au/.
Selection criteria for the position
- A PhD in a directly related discipline.
- An outstanding established track record of publishing in world-leading, internationally recognised discipline journals, and any other evidence of international recognition for research.
- A strong pipeline of research-in-progress including papers currently under review.
- Evidence of disciplinary (and across Economics or Finance applications) or interdisciplinary research programs, demonstrating the manner in which teams were formed and mentored.
- Evidence of the ability to provide leadership in the advancement of the discipline in a way that builds research capacity, and drives a high performance and collaborative culture.
- Demonstrated skill in managing all aspects of the research lifecycle that starts with engaging successfully with others and goes through to the production and communication of high quality and impactful outcomes that benefit stakeholders.
- Evidence of the ability to leverage industry, government and community engagement to foster innovation and collaboration.
- Evidence of distinguished and innovative contributions to teaching and learning across the student body (from undergraduate, postgraduate, higher degree, executive etc).
For further information and to apply, please visit: https://www.qut.edu.au/careers for reference number 24042.
Applicants should submit:
- A current resume including a list of publications
- A statement of claims addressing the selection criteria
- The names and contact details of two (2) referees
Applications Close: 29 February 2024