Master of Accounting and Finance
Duration 2 years full-time
The right decision every time
Combined knowledge in accounting and finance has never been more in demand. There’s a wealth of career opportunities for employees who can draw upon and synthesise the two.
Our Master of Accounting and Finance offers an intensive two-year path to financial expertise and a professional accounting qualification.
What will you do?
- Study management theory, business maths, business law, and economics.
- Learn how financial managers make investment and financing decisions.
- Understand how financial instruments and capital markets are used to enhance returns and manage risks.
- Build critical thinking, communication and leadership skills.
Where could it take you?
You’ll graduate career-ready and able to adapt to the demands of a global economy. You might secure a job as a company auditor or finance manager. You could take on an accounting role in a flourishing organisation. Perhaps you’ll consult on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Our Master of Accounting and Finance satisfies the requirements for associate membership of CPA Australia, and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
For those who are based in Adelaide, we will be offering a blended delivery mode that combines face-to-face with remote learning in as many courses as possible, taking into consideration social distancing and hygiene. All lectures will continue to be delivered online for the remainder of the year, with some exceptions.
For our students who are studying offshore for the remainder of the 2020 Academic Year, the University will continue to offer high-quality access to the learning resources remotely. This includes all lectures, tutorials and other support material. Students will be advised in advance if there are course components that cannot be provided in remote mode and, wherever possible, offered alternative courses.
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant admissions information for this program. I am a:
Australian Year 12 English Tests accepted by the University of Adelaide
|Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject|
Qualifications that meet minimum English requirementsA range of alternative qualifications may meet the University’s minimum English requirementsAcademic Entry Requirements
I am a:
|International student place: $46,000|
These scholarships, as well as many others funded by industry and non-profit organisations, are available to potential and currently enrolled students.
- Career Readiness
Graduates can advance their careers in the accounting profession in a wide range of roles, including specialised fields such as taxation, auditing, management accounting and accounting systems.
The finance area enables graduates to seek employment as an analyst, consultant or manager in the financial services sector, including banks, investment institutions and financial planning consultancies.
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.Graduate Attributes The objective of this program is to produce graduates with specific attributes as outlined in University of Adelaide Graduate Attributes.
- Deep discipline knowledge
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Professional Accreditation
- Adelaide Business School is AACSB* accredited, and as such our programs have passed rigorous standards of quality. AACSB accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education and only the best schools in the world earn AACSB accreditation.
- The University of Adelaide is recognised as a CFA Program Partner through the Master of Accounting and Finance degree. Recognition as a CFA Program Partner signals to employers and the marketplace that the Adelaide Business School's curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well suited to preparing students for employment in the finance and investment industry.
- Graduates will be eligible for listing on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) registry as RG146-compliant for several specialised fields of finance.
- The Master of Accounting and Finance program satisfies the academic requirements for associate membership of CPA Australia, and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Auditor, Accountant, Banker, Business Analyst, Business Consultant, Business Management, Commercialisation Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Financial Services Officer, Forensic Accountant, Taxation Officer, Investment Consultant
- Academic Program Rules
The Calendar is a comprehensive handbook of the University's academic program rules.
You can find the academic program rules for this degree under the Faculty of the Professions rules.Example Study Plan Electives For Chartered Accountants entry, students will need to complete the courses marked '#'.
ACCTFIN 7001: Ethical Principles in Finance and Accounting CORPFIN 6003: Tax, Estate and Wealth Planning
May include, but not limited to: examinations, group assignments, individual assignments, research projects, consulting projects, presentations, quizzes, tests, tutorial work as prescribed within each course.
Phone: +61 8 8313 7335 (toll free 1800 061 459)
The annual Open Day and Information Night events provide an excellent opportunity to see our campus, meet with academics, and discuss your study options.
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020
"The University's reputation was a factor to study a Master of Accounting and Finance that successfully laid down a solid foundation of accounting and finance principles. The career mentoring program enabled me to foster rapport with a field mentor, from him I learnt plenty of insights into accounting which has been instrumental in setting me up to enter the Australian workforce."
Adelaide , Australia