Regular fees: 22572 USD
Position yourself for greater success by earning a Master of Science in Finance online from Southern New Hampshire University. Prepare to become a leader in the field with real-world financial analysis, decision-making and quantitative skills gained through coursework in investments, corporate finance, advanced economic theory and financial markets.
Southern New Hampshire University has a long history of providing highly respected finance-related undergraduate and graduate degrees, having been founded as an accounting school in 1932. Our MS in Finance online degree program continues this tradition.
As an SNHU student, you'll have access to internship and networking opportunities through well-connected alumni who have earned their graduate finance degrees.
Learn how to:
- Analyze and evaluate corporate investment opportunities
- Efficiently manage an investment portfolio
- Use financial data to inform strategic decision-making
- Interpret the effect of events and market conditions on strategic objectives
- Use risk management tools to balance the relationship between risk and return
The courses in the MS in Finance program are aligned with board standards to ensure you gain the knowledge base required for various licenses and certifications.
Finance (MS) - Corporate Finance
Finance (MS) - Investments & Securities
The skills you gain from a master's degree in finance may just be the forward momentum you need to attain the senior finance, corporate or personal advisor title you seek.
An advanced degree can help you discover new avenues and job opportunities to pursue in this fast-paced industry. Whether you choose a career that directly involves finance or prefer to focus on a more administrative role managing a financial organization, earning your MS in Finance will help you prepare.
“A graduate degree in finance lets you learn more about some of the more specific or challenging finance topics, such as options, futures and other derivatives, which can then help you advance in those areas,” said Kristin Regis, finance associate dean at Southern New Hampshire University.
An advanced financial degree can prepare you for work in both private and public financial sectors with opportunities to pursue careers in asset management, financial management, corporate and private banking, consulting, investment research and more.
Career opportunities for MS in Finance degree holders are varied, and the number of jobs continues to grow. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, roles in the finance industry should see an increased change in employment:
- Financial analyst: 6% job growth.1 Work in banks, pension funds, mutual funds, securities firms, insurance companies and other businesses to evaluate investment opportunities.
- Financial manager: 16% job growth.1 Responsible for the financial health of an organization, you could produce financial reports, direct investment activities and develop strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals.
- Personal financial advisor: 7% job growth.1 Provide advice on investments, insurance, mortgages, college savings, estate planning, taxes and retirement to help people manage their finances.
Once you've earned your master's in finance, you may be looking for a title that's more in line with your educational accomplishments. Some graduate degree holders look for positions like:
- Director of finance: Supervise annual operating and capital expenditures budgets, prepare reports and provide leadership to business staff.
- Financial consultant: Assess and monitor clients' financial situations, develop financial strategies and prepare financial status analyses and reports.
- Investment analyst: Collect and interpret data, study economic trends and meet with investors.
- Portfolio manager: Manage client investment portfolios, contribute to the development of new business and maintain client relationships.
- Senior finance analyst: Develop reports for forecasting and results analysis, manage relationships with department managers and lead preparation of annual budget and long-range plans.
Regular fees: 22572 USD
2500 North River Road
NH 03106 Manchester , United States