Regular fees: 135000 - 270000 RUB
Applied Economics and Mathematical Methods is a master's programme for those wishing to become competent, highly qualified erudite experts in economics with advanced career opportunities. Programme courses are designed to meet the highest academic standards in Russia and internationally.
Our faculty members come from the HSE’s Centre for Market Studies and Spatial Economics (MSSE) which is led by Professor Jacques-François Thisse, the St. Petersburg Institute of Economics and Mathematics, and the International Centre for Social and Economic Research - Leontief Centre.
Students are enrolled in a joint master's programme and are expected to select either of the two educational tracks during the first two months.
The two-year Master Programme organized by HSE, St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management is run entirely from within the Department of Economics.
The aims of this programme are to take students with a prior knowledge of economics and/or mathematics, and offer training in the core areas of macro and micro economics and econometrics that should bring you near to the current research frontier.The adaptive courses prior to the general core one are tailored so that those with a limited quantitative or economics background start from a lower level, but everyone has the opportunity to develop advanced quantitative and analytical skills. The programme provides a research environment where students work alongside leading researchers to develop the skills required to fulfil their aspirations to become professional economists, or conduct further research as Cand. Sc or PhD students, or become analysts on some other career path. The researchers from HSE’s Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics, as well as St.Petersburg Institute for Economics and Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, are directly involved in the educational process.
At the end of your programme you should:
- know selected specialised fields of economics, including a familiarity with the latest research developments and issues; understand the limits of such knowledge and the effects of this on analyses and interpretation
- know and understand current and prospective developments in the theory and practice of economics
- know and understand the core theoretical models of economics and econometrics, and recognize associated empirical evidence
- be able to acquire a knowledge and understanding of advanced techniques and skills applied in theoretical and empirical research;
- be able to apply advanced research skills to a relevant research area in economics through courses and a dissertation
- have the skillsof independent research in the field of actual problems connected with the economic behavior of agents at different levels with the use of modern theoretical models and methods and empirical data;
- have the skillsof empirical analysis data in one or more statistical packages, the calculations required to test statistical hypotheses in the framework of different models;
- have the skillsto build mathematical economic models and analysis of economic processes based on the use of models;
- have the skills ofregistration of results of own research in the form of reports, articles, presentations, notes, etc.
Regular fees: 135000 - 270000 RUB
HSE University, Kantemirovskaya Ulitsa
194100 Saint Petersburg , Russia