About the journal
The Quarterly Journal of Economics is the oldest professional journal of economics in the English language. Edited at Harvard University's Department of Economics, it covers all aspects of the field.
QJE is invaluable to professional and academic economists and students around the world.
5 year Impact Factor
1 out of 371
Purchase and pricing information
Personal subscriptions available at €69 or €37 for students and senior citizens. For Institutional and Corporate Subscriptions, please check the journal website.
Unless otherwise stated, all personal and member print subscriptions include online access to current content.
All subscriptions are entered on a calendar year basis running from January to December. For subscriptions that include access to online content, access will not become effective until the subscription has commenced.
- It is not possible to renew an expired/lapsed subscription. If your subscription has expired please choose 'buy subscription' option.
More Information available here.
Publication ethics and submission information
Authors should observe high standards with respect to publication ethics as set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). Falsification or fabrication of data, plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the authors' own work without proper citation, and misappropriation of the work are all unacceptable practices. Any cases of ethical misconduct are treated very seriously and will be dealt with in accordance with the COPE guidelines.
More information about the journal policies can be accessed here.
Abstracting and indexing services
The Quarterly Journal of Economics is covered by the following abstracting and indexing services:
- Book Review Digest Plus
- CAB Abstracts
- Coal Abstracts
- Criminal Justice Abstracts
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Current Index to Statistics
- Dietrich's Index Philosophicus
- Documentation in Public Administration
- Emerald Management Reviews
- Environmental RouteNet
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- Family Index
- Historical Abstracts
- Human Resources Abstracts
- IBZ: International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
- Index of Economic Articles in Journals & Collected Volumes
- Index to Periodical Articles Related to Law
- International Bibliography of Humanities & Sociological Literature
- Leisure, Recreation, and Tourism Abstracts
- Leisure Tourism Database
- Operations Research - Management Science
- Peace Research Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- Public Administration Abstracts
- Quality Control & Applied Statistics
- Risk Abstracts
- Social Science Source
- Social Sciences Citation Index/Social SciSearch
- Social Sciences Index
- Social Work Abstracts
- Wilson Business Abstracts
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts
- Zentralblatt MATH
- Top Economics Journals
- Top 10 Journals of Finance
- Top 10 Business Journals
- What to do when your paper gets rejected from a journal
- How to write a cover letter for your journal submission
- Tips for reformatting your manuscript to submit to a new journal
- Tips on how to write an academic peer review for journals
INOMICS (inomics.com) offers a complete catalogue of education and career opportunities for students and faculty in the field of economics.
We believe in informed career choices. Our job board, study catalogue, conference listings, publications, advice, teach and learn sections support the career development of the 1 million economists worldwide who use our website.
Create your account on INOMICS today and access the following features:
- Exclusive first-in-line access to our publications (INOMICS Handbook, Salary Report, etc.)
- Personalized deadline reminders for the jobs, study offers and conferences of your interest
- Apply function for jobs and call for papers
- Personalized email alert with the latest offers matching your career stage and interest
+44 (0) 1865 556767
Great Clarendon Street Oxford OX2 6DP